1965 Chevelle Windshield Wiper Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Chevelle Windshield Wiper Motor

Help me bring an end to this confusion. I am looking for a two speed wiper motor for a 65 Chevelle. Cardone remanufactured motors (same ones OPG uses) list's a one or two speed for 64 only, one speed for 65. I have gotten four motors so far and none are correct. The one speed is obviously incorrect, the two speed remanufactured motor is physically larger, wire connectors are different and washer pump from existing motor will not fit due to larger housing, and different wire orientation. I do not know if the existing motor is the actual motor that would be considered "original" or not. It is just a normal looking GM wiper motor with washer pump mounted on top. Thanks for your time........
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

2 speed 3 wire terminal cardone #40120
    2 speed 4 wire terminal cardone #40121

Comment

4wire3wire
      Last edited by Stich496; September 8, 2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Stitch, not the motor that is on the car, the one I need is a round motor with the traditional washer pump mounted to the top.
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          ..., the one I need is a round motor with the traditional washer pump mounted to the top.
          Like this? (See link below about this guys 65 with that motor)

Or this? (66-67 Chevelle Wiper Motor)

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
            Like this? (See link below about this guys 65 with that motor)

Like the one on the right. Are these two motors in the picture different size? It appears that the one on the left is larger. The existing on I have looks like the one on the right. I briefly looked at the link. Will look closer tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
              Like the one on the right. Are these two motors in the picture different size? It appears that the one on the left is larger. The existing on I have looks like the one on the right. I briefly looked at the link. Will look closer tomorrow.
              No, they're the same size, the guy took that pic at a funny angle. It seems early 65 is the cut-off year for the round 2spd motors. 63-64 & some early 65's used the round motors. The only reason I know this is because I had to find a 'rebuildable' core for someone, which was a pain in the ass because the cores I found were junk.

RockAuto sells them remanned for $202.79+$25 for a 'good' core minus washer pump, A-1 Cardone Part#40112. I looked up a wiper motor for a 64 Bel Air w/409(hehehe) see link(s) below..

Wiper Motor: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,8824

Info/Service Bulletin for wiper motor: http://cardone.com/English/club/memb...PARTNUM=40-112

The following 63-64 GM vehicles below also use the round 2spd motor:

Electra, Lesabre, Riviera, Deville, Eldo, Fleetwood, BelAir, Biscayne, Chevelle, Malibu, ElCamino, Impala, F85, Cutlass, 98, Bonneville, Catalina, Gran Prix...

Hope your core is good..

Comment

I looked at the cardone 40-112 before. The physical body (housing where the pump attaches, motor diameter) is larger than the wiper motor that is on the car. The washer pump will not fit due to the difference in housing size. This is one that we have gotten from OPG also. Maybe the one on the car is not correct?? I don't know, however it is the same motor that has been on the car as far as the owner knows. I think I will call True Connections later this morning. (This can't be this hard........I hope, lol)

Comment

it can if that one on car isn't factory..
                  most have no listing for 2 speed for 65 untill you get to the buick a body..
                  and that is what I posted 65 buick a body 2 speed, as there wasn't a listing for a chevelle 2 spped for 65 or 64
                  buick/pontiac/olds list 2 speeds...
                  good luck..
                  if you can't find the round motor one, these work with the rest of the wiper transmission

Comment

Comment

That one is different Bob, What we have is a more traditional round style motor with washer pump mounted to motor. All the remanufactured units are physically larger than the one we have, there for the washer pump will not fit. Maybe this winter we could send it to someone to rebuild. I have another customer with a 65 Chevelle that went through the same issues, he ended up finding one to rebuild. It would seem that this issue is only known by a hand full of folks. Hey you know in the '70's we striped so many of those cars for "Circle Burners" if I could just have all the parts back.......Thanks for geting the pictures for me Bob.....

Comment

I've always wondered about trying something from these people:

Tampa, FL

Comment

Judging from their website they ought to have the answers for you. Isn't it amazing that there's SOMEONE who has specialized in pretty much anything?

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; November 17, 2011, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X