Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Of The Day: What Is The Most Obscure Special Edition Car You Can Remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Of The Day: What Is The Most Obscure Special Edition Car You Can Remember?

“Special Edition”. Call me jaded if you will, but that phrase is synonymous with “we need to sell a ton more of these things to break even on the engineering costs!” and has been used so liberally, especially during the mid-1970s, that at this point the phrase has lost it’s luster. At one point, it […]

More...

Obscure? How about all those Neiman-Marcus editions - usually only 2 of them made, and offered for stupid money. You know, like a Mustang for a half-mill......
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

personal memory..

the special subarus.
      the most bizarre one off attempts, and then disappearing...to be even more obscure.

I ended up building one, the net helped along with that.
      in the 80s, they never put dual range AWD with the dual range engine in a wagon.
      I look back at a 1 year paint code never used again by anybody, a 1 in 1500 rally engine, dual range tranny...
      and a 450 foot pound clutch to allow it to move.

my dad went with a diesel eldorado that made more sense.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

only ever seen one. how about the pontiac mera. few and far between. think factory kit car. Fiero with a ferrari 308 body on it. if memory serves me right, GM actually got sued over it.

Comment

Working...
        X