Clear All

• Government to Announce Clunkers Program Exit Strategy Today

Re: Government to Announce Clunkers Program Exit Strategy Today

'bout time this madness ends....
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

By Rick Newman, U.S. News & World Report
      When car dealers start doing business with the federal government, whaddya expect? Perfect harmony?

Of course not. Several weeks into the Cash for Clunkers program, it turns out that delivering a couple of billion dollars' worth of rebates for hundreds of thousands of car purchases can generate a few flat tires. The Department of Transportation's latest update on the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) shows that the government has received applications for about 412,000 rebates totaling $1.7 billion. But so far, the feds have approved only a fraction of those, leaving dealers furious -- and holding the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        But so far, the feds have approved only a fraction of those,
        I think this could be part of the problem (aside from the fact that the whole thing is just stupid). If the fed has to look over every submission to insure all the criteria have been met then this is going to take some time. And, if all the criteria has not been met then I guess the dealer is just out of luck. Better make sure all the "i"s are dotted and "t"s are crossed boys.

Comment

News just said program was to end Monday because it was out of money. I call BS on that.

Comment

I heard by 9/1/9

Comment

Does the exit strategy include paying the dealers the money already owed to them? : : :
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

WIN -whip inflation now
                I am workin on KASH FOR 12 BOLTS

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
                    Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    But so far, the feds have approved only a fraction of those,
                    I think this could be part of the problem (aside from the fact that the whole thing is just stupid). If the fed has to look over every submission to insure all the criteria have been met then this is going to take some time. And, if all the criteria has not been met then I guess the dealer is just out of luck. Better make sure all the "i"s are dotted and "t"s are crossed boys.
                    Dealers spend most of every day dealing with complex financial paperwork. Something tells me that dotting the i and crossing the t is in their skillset.

Comment

ther office staff is right up there on par with any legit business
                      we also have teams of lawyers

Comment

Employees of the FAA?s air-traffic-control unit were asked to help, but the Transportation Department stressed Friday that essential safety personnel were not diverted from their duties.

Comment

Working...
                        X