here is my Uncle Daves it is a street car with a lil 327 in it

Comment

Re: Anglia Hot Rodding History

In the U.K.
      http://www.outlaw-anglia.co.uk/currentdrivers.htm

Comment

Hi folks,
        As the author of that story (albiet written almost 7 years ago when I was still working for CanWest News Services in Nanaimo, BC and writing a weekly column called My Car....with Terry Denomme) I have to say I was thrilled to see it mentioned on Bangshift.
        Would like to mention that I never wrote in the story that Anglia's started hot rodding - though the person responsible for the headline obviously never really read the story.
        That column led to publishing my own hot rod magazine, Canadian Hot Rods, which after four years I'm still doing.
        Anyway - very cool. I'm currently beginning the build of a 1957 Ford Ranch Wagon gasser - the kind of car that the Anglia's would have trounced when the NHRA gasser rules allowed cars with less than 92" wheelbase in the class in the early 1960s.

Comment

Hey man,

Great to have you! The story was very neat. Folks that are not drag-o-philes have no idea where the odd little cars that came to define the gas classes came from. This is awesome education for those people.

Thanks for coming by and please don't be a stranger!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
          X