Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pinewood Derby is Serious Business

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
    Did you reweigh the car after the customizing? If you were right on the weight limit before, those custom parts might have added a few grams . . . . :o
    Dude, it was over 20 years ago, I'm lucky I could remember that much of the story. I know we did it using a kitchen scale (with a needle and spring, not digital), so it wasn't just on the line, and more than just a few grams under.
    sigpic

Comment

I'll have to dig mine out and show you guys....I design mine after Bonneville cars out of Hot Rod magazine back in the late 70's...I've got a lakester 32 roadster and a chopped 32 sedan streamliner...my dad built a Chapparel(sp) style Cam Am car...used powdered graphite ...We also stacked all the wheels together then turned them done on a lathe so they were all exact. Then we would plug and redrill the axle slots so they were perfectly square. We also used lead sheets for weight balast...my Lakester roadster used the lead for the cover over the drivers compartment....we too kit VERY seriously...LOL
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I tried to add a little camber to ours, but I think it made it wander a little and bump the rail. If I had it to do over I think I would just narrow the car a little more.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
        X