X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There May Still Be Hope for the Late Pontiac G8

Originally posted by Wicked Chicken
    why not a Oldsmobile Rocket 88???
    Love the sentiment and the thought, but since the segment of the population that has any idea about what Oldmobile was is shrinking by the day, they may as well call it a LaSalle.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I like mine a lot its a great car. Why dont they just sell it here as a Holden as well.It will be a whole new thing
      they have a wagon in Australia as well that would be nice here too. Id like to see it as a Buick Electra if not a
      regular Holden. Ive read that they are actually selling them in the dealer over there as Pontiacs and they now have the Pontiac nose and trim on them too.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
        Ive read that they are actually selling them in the dealer over there as Pontiacs and they now have the Pontiac nose and trim on them too.
        They are not being sold as Pontiacs here but there is a 'Special Edition' Commodore available with the G8 panels on them. http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/Co...pecial-Edition
        I guess GM needs to use up all the parts they made for the Pontiac. If and when it resurfaces in the US it won't look the same.

Comment

Continuing on Chinkens thought process, why not just call it a Pontiac? If I remeber correctly, Pontiac was introduced as a model of Oakland? I'm too lazy to look it up.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidog
            Ive read that they are actually selling them in the dealer over there as Pontiacs and they now have the Pontiac nose and trim on them too.
            They are not being sold as Pontiacs here but there is a 'Special Edition' Commodore available with the G8 panels on them. http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/Co...pecial-Edition
            I guess GM needs to use up all the parts they made for the Pontiac. If and when it resurfaces in the US it won't look the same.
            I read in High performance Pontiac Magazine that the dealers are stocking Pontiac badges and trim for them and are actually putting them on the lot in Pontiac trim.

Comment

and what's wrong with the venerable Grand National badge??
              maybe name a lesser model Grand Sport, Wildcat or somethin' catchy

don't forget to paint it black..

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidog
                I read in High performance Pontiac Magazine that the dealers are stocking Pontiac badges and trim for them and are actually putting them on the lot in Pontiac trim.

I can't say I've seen any with dealer fitted Pontiac badges or trim but I have seen owners import the parts themselves.
                You mentioned the wagon - here's a pic

Comment

there has not been a chevrolet engine in decades
                  gm powertrain

Comment

I would have bought the wagon if they offered it here.Would have been great for the dog.

Comment

I've been screaming my head off for one ever since I drove a '99 Caprice in Kuwait. I don't give a good damn what they call it, just sell the thing!
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I don't see why its so hard to make it a buick and as for the blue hair thing, does GS, GSX, GN ring any bells? I also agree that they shouldn't use any old names just like they did with pontiac. I personally think Buick would be the perfect home for a luxury/performance sedan to compete with the euros. I'd love to have one but can't afford it. Like to have the chance for a used one someday though.

Comment

Bring The Wagon Too!!!!

I'm still pushing for Invicta, While the Lacrosse and Lucurne are both 'L' names, the Enclave and the Regal definately aren't. Regal is a throw back badge and if anything it should get the Grand National badge (though I'm betting GS is more likely). Getting more broadbased, in '66 you could order all sizes of Buick (minus the Electra) in Gran Sport trim. I'm seeing a mismash of classic trim level like on the Camaro. Base get's the regular Invicta name, the DI 3.6 gets a T-type badge (T stood for touring more years than it did Turbo), and the V8 gets the Grand Sport trim. Contract with SLP or some other major aftermarket and do up a GSX package simular to the Monaro Bathurst with an LSA from the CTS-V.
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I really don't care what it is called(within reason) as long as it has a Buick TriShield on the grille. Kinda interested in the G8 but four doors are for trucks in my opinion. If it were a wagon I'd take a look.

Get it to the showroom and I'll get over for my first visit to a new car showroom in at least a decade.

How about it GM, interested in a customer?
                            Rich

sigpic

Comment

with lutz retiring , phase one in the control/destruction of gm complete
                              VOLTz FOR ALL !!! no more hot rods

Comment

Wildcat, GS, Skylark...anything just bring it back...I may be able to afford on used in 10 years...
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X