Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neato Video: A Stock 1929 Model A Flat Towing a 1930 Model A

Re: Neato Video: A Stock 1929 Model A Flat Towing a 1930 Model A

Good video. I like how he nonchalants the first stop at the sign, when you can see that the weight of the towed car is clearly pushing on him harder than he expected... But it looks like he compensated well enough.

My father-in-law is an old school kind of dude. He would watch this and fail to see any debate or contraversy at all. In fact, he's probably come up with a couple of dubious "facts" as to why you should favor towing things with a '29 Ford instead of a new truck, and then he'd probably tell me about how he and his grandad had half an acre of these things gathering rust somewhere in Kansas and then sold them for too little..

But then again, I'll bet quite a few of you have a guy like my father in law in your family too. ;D

Comment

Thanks for the video.

I'm transitioning into a weird old guy, so I don't see a problem with his flat towing adventure. IMHO, keep it slow, gear down and think ahead.

Looks like fun!

Comment

WUSS! He should have towed it with a 20 h.p. Model T.

And he further wussed out with a proper tow bar instead of a tow cable and a second driver (It's not really serious flat towing until the brakes on the towed car are smoking . . . . ) :D

He was beggin' for a cop stop. He floated the stop sign at 1:23! (Was he texting directions to the next photo shoot?) He fired up a siren at 1:57!

Comment

After having driven a stock Model A, my hat is off to this guy. Definite hero. I can't say that there's any kind of problem with towing in modern traffic like this with antique braking capabilities, but if I were to do something like that I would definitely find the backroads with the least amount of traffic possible.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Good job!

I got a bit of a chuckle out of noticing that he seemed to start off in bright daylight, but towards the end of the trip it was getting darker and he had the headlights on.

Either he went the 45-mles really slowly, or stopping for all the 'photo-shoots' slowed down the progress.....or both!

;o)

Comment

Nice job.
              You are a hero.

Comment

Working...
              X