Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Suburban Turns 75 Years Old; Doesn't Look a Day Over 60

Re: Chevy Suburban Turns 75 Years Old; Doesn't Look a Day Over 60

Wow, think our country will still be around for it's 150th b'day?

The Carryalls of the '60's were unique with their 3-door set-up: 1 door on the driver's side, 2 on the passenger's.

IIRC, wasn't the Excursion actually about the same size as the Subie? Seems there were a number of tree-huggers crying foul w/o getting all of the facts. The t-h's were also a bit off the mark by claiming that the Ex. would grossly pollute the atmosphere when in actuality it was really no worse than the Sub.

Still, HBD, Suburban/Carryall!

Comment

Having had 5-6 Suburbans,i can attest that they are one of the worlds best family cars..or trucks.All have been disels,so no dragracing involved..but you dont have to worry how many buddys or kids you wanna have with you..or how heavy a trailer you can tow.

Comment

Love em ! Im gonna get one one of these days.

Comment

67-72 Suburbans were three doors. No matter what anyone tells you about a fourth door being optional, it's not true.
          Brian, ya know...if Goliaths floors are too bad, I bet a 60-66 Carryall body would just about drop right on...

Comment

big
            profit
            vehicle

Comment

I know the GMC version was renamed YUKON XL but was it always know as a Suburban in the years prior to then?

Comment

You'd probably have to look over the old sales brochures to figure out what it was called. 55-58 GMC version of the Cameo pickup was also called a Suburban!

Thru 66 they were all built on the short bed pickup chassis, starting in 67 they went to the long chassis, which is why they also got 3 doors, then 4 doors starting in 73.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman
                  Wow, think our country will still be around for it's 150th b'day?

The Carryalls of the '60's were unique with their 3-door set-up: 1 door on the driver's side, 2 on the passenger's.

IIRC, wasn't the Excursion actually about the same size as the Subie? Seems there were a number of tree-huggers crying foul w/o getting all of the facts. The t-h's were also a bit off the mark by claiming that the Ex. would grossly pollute the atmosphere when in actuality it was really no worse than the Sub.

Still, HBD, Suburban/Carryall!
                  I once parked my '90 Suburban right next to an Excursion; the Suburban's a little bit longer.

It's not exactly a good truck for daily driver use, but they're hard to beat for camping, hauling, or towing.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
                    It's not exactly a good truck for daily driver use
                    that probably depends on how many kids you have
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

large families are the most loyal suburban customers

Comment

Working...
                      X