• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoTrader Classics Find: A 1990 Lamborghini LM002

Re: AutoTrader Classics Find: A 1990 Lamborghini LM002

obviously they're not, but they look like chinese hummer ripoffs :D

Comment

Lambo saw the writing on the wall FAR before the SUV craze hit. I had an R/C toy version of this and I loved it. I will take this over an H1 any day. Sure the H1 will be FAR more reliable, but the sound that the LM002 makes at full throttle more than makes up for the time it will spend making no noise at all.

Comment

That time frame has some unique influence throughout every maker...worldwide.

a 10 geared subaru with 13 inch wheels...
        my brother had a beyond 11:1 compression gas chevy form the factory.. in the books written, it was the only one. the compression was so high, it nearly siezed after shutting it off (barely turned over)...nothing could pump enough oil. :o

I pondered a reasoning from a request for bid by a military.. "anything goes" kinda mentality.

There are others, gotta dig up some history.

late 80s Volvo wagons with all leather anthrax interior anybody? :

that makes euro, japanese and american.. all sprites of weirdo. Although the littlest subaru sure as hell proves itself.
        they should allow these manly extremes more often.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Definitely made for the Mid-East oil and Royal-Family crowd.

During those years a friend was doing good business outfitting 454 Suburbans with supercharger kits and sending them over there...sometimes by air. Guess you'd call those the "low-buck" version. Lotsa fun bombing around in the desert and on hunting trips. What's there to hunt, I couldn't tell ya.

Comment

I reme,ber seeing one of those in the late 80s at the Houston Auto Show in the Lambo booth, didnt know they were that rare, I have a pic of it someone, i'll see if I can find it and scan it
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I wonder if these needed a $5000 servicing every 3000 miles like the cars do.

Comment

Sweet, I would love to see how one of these actually handles off road. I had a Poster of a white one on my wall when they came out right next to the obligatory poster of the Countach 8)

Comment

This was known as the "Rambo Lambo" back in the day. Saw one at the Chrysler Proving Grounds back in 1990

Comment

I see those occassionally runnning around LA along with Ferrari's comparitively boring ass looking Forza's.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X