Barnstormin': Monster Trucks, Turbos, and a Sanctioning Body on the Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Monster Trucks, Turbos, and a Sanctioning Body on the Rocks

Re: Barnstormin': Monster Trucks, Turbos, and a Sanctioning Body on the Rocks

nothing dramatic is with turbos.
    the drama of want more today than ever is the slob of slo massive amounts of air on n/a engines. No venturi, no stoich, no discipline whatsoever. 4 valve heads, ECU retards built in...
    even the coils on trigger wheels double firing. all ridiculous. A turbo is vengeance.
    whatever the argument.
    they took the real engine away. Turbo is getting it back in a crazy way.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Great write up!

Sounds like I should try to get to Monster Jam next time it comes round.

A cheap turbo project is something I've been wanting to do for year and hopefully I'll get to it this year. I don't see why people get so worked about them either - making huge power is cool however you do it.

Comment

Nice piece Bruab....

I too loves me some monster truck action ... hell that was me and momma's first date!

You know where I stand on the turbo issue, and I completely agree: they're not dirt cheap but they're also not overly complicated.

ADRA, AHRA, NHRA, PINKS ALLOUT..........they all suck!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Brian,
          There is nothing like that first experience. I remember a little guy the same age as your son at his first monster truck show. It was a raging blizzard outside and that little guy was so sick with a really, really high fever, but that was not gonna stop him!! He sat through the whole loud, long show at the Wohsta Centrum, glassy-eyed and mesmerized. We knew then that a car junkie was born!! I am so happy I was there at the beginning. Guess it's always been in your blood ;) A. Trish

Comment

Ladies and gents, my aunt Trish who aided and abetted this whole automotive obsession by taking me to my first monster truck show. I literally remember it like it happened yesterday. The noise in that little arena was ear splitting. I loved every stinkin' second of it.

Thanks for that Trish!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

And what's even better ... she's still contributing to your delinquency here!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
              X