No announcement yet.

Auto Trader Classic Find: A Pro Street 1955 Ford F100 We're on the Fence About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trader Classic Find: A Pro Street 1955 Ford F100 We're on the Fence About

Re: Auto Trader Classic Find: A Pro Street 1955 Ford F100 We're on the Fence About

No Headers?!??

Comment

Re: Auto Trader Classic Find: A Pro Street 1955 Ford F100 We're on the Fence About

Yeah, it needs some headers. A pair of Jet-Hot coated long tubes would probably fancy that engine bay right up. Lose the red alternator and give it a more aggressive looking air cleaner, too. I can do the yellow interior aside from the steering wheel -- it needs to go black. Lose the wing and wheelie bars, and I'm game.

It better have a badass cam and exhaust system, too.

Comment

Hack off the wing & the scoop, stick a tunnel ram on there so a pair of velocity stacks will poke right up through where the scoop was and drive the pee out of that thing.

Oh, and maybe stick a nice wood push bar across the front
        sigpic

Comment

WOuld I rock it as is...hell yeah!

Would I change anything? Does a bear $h!t in the woods?

1. The wing would go to the trash heap
          2. The scoop would follow closely behind
          3. Replace crappy fiberglass seats with a nice set of modern buckets to cruise in comfort
          4. The wheelie bars need to go the way of the Edsel
          5. "Modernize" the engine bay with some decent dress up goodies and a good bath
          6. Tunnel ram and velocity stacks
          7. something needs to be done with that crappy ass shifter mount
          8. Headders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          9. Insert key
          10. Drive the snot out of it!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My buddy is building a 55 Ford the same color as this one. In true BangShifter style, he pulled the 5.0 engine/tranny combo (harness and all) out of a 92 Mustang and plopped it right in. He even took the heater/AC assembly from said Mustamg. He's currently in the middle of doing bodywork on it. Turns out the previous owner used Bondo judiciously all over this thing. It's going to be a badder asser truck when he's done.

Comment

That's the epitome of pro street fail!

There were faaaaar too many of these ridiculously over the top "looking" builds done with nothing under the hood to back it up. I mean not even so much as headers!?!?!.....Oh, and it's yellow.
              www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

I don't mind the yellow, either inside or out, but I'd have put my money into headers before buying a scoop and wing. Come to think of it, I'd also have put my money into a big, mean 8-71 blower before considering the scoop and wing. A blower through the hood beats a scoop any day on a pro street machine - even if the scoop's covering up a blower.

Comment

I'd be fairly certain that motor was just thrown in there to sell the thing, probably not the motor that was originally with it after the build. Whole thing need work IMO
                  "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

No way , there is to much wrong with this thing . For one thing it looks like a plastic model kit . MSD box is painted body color and the alternator is " red " . The motor looks like an after thought . I really dont see anything I like .

Comment

Working...
                    X