Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Perfect Christmas eBay Find: A Rat Motored 1980 Toyota Corolla!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Christmas eBay Find: A Rat Motored 1980 Toyota Corolla!

Re: A Perfect Christmas eBay Find: A Rat Motored 1980 Toyota Corolla!

And it looks surprisingly well done.....I want one!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Change the valve covers to stockers, stock air cleaner, paint the intake and it could be factory!
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

that is different. Corolla is so rare here I did not know what this was under the bangor mall sign (maine)
        deciphered to be a corolla some time in the google van map days.. recent years.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Those Toyota rear ends are surprisingly strong. And speaking of knock-off's, the original 1.8 (punto ocho!) is pretty much a copy of an old hemi. Fun little cars, but I bet that BBC rips!

Comment

Yeah but I'd have a look at that front tie-rod before I got too confident... :D

Comment

That tie-rod isn't going anywhere. Non-issue to me.

I like the exhaust. Always wondered why nobody does more like this? The rear axle moves up a lot more often than it moves all the way down. Set it close to full-droop and let it ride. Used to be done more often around here in the 80's and earlier....

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
                That tie-rod isn't going anywhere. Non-issue to me.

I like the exhaust. Always wondered why nobody does more like this? The rear axle moves up a lot more often than it moves all the way down. Set it close to full-droop and let it ride. Used to be done more often around here in the 80's and earlier....

roads with pot holes kill that type set up..
                rips the mounts out, might not ne an issue with rubber hangers

Comment

I've never solid mounted any exhaust, that's just asking for trouble, not to mention kinda hill-jack.

As for pot holes, that's why I specified close to full-droop. The suspension doesn't usually move beyond full-droop, and at that point you are going to have bigger issues than a damaged exhaust.

Comment

hopefully somebody on here will buy this too ;D

Comment

AMC ran the exhaust on Pacers under the rear axle.

Comment

No Smog laws in AZ??

Comment

this thing still hasnt sold yet and the reserve was at $2700 at one point and has been lowered since then.

the bid is only at $920 with 3 days left, i want this thing BAD :o ;D

heres the new listing vvvvv

Comment

Working...
                          X