Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Yunick Video: How Ol' Smoke Helped Develop the Corvette

Re: Smokey Yunick Video: How Ol' Smoke Helped Develop the Corvette

I'm sorry, but this is the singularly most disappointing item I've seen on Bangshift to this date.

The clip is one minute and fifty-nine seconds long. I saw this first as a disappointment, but later understood the short length was by far the clip's best feature. By 1:04 the subject switches from Corvettes to Driver John Fitch. Then from there to Zora Duntov and finally Mr. Y is quoted making disparaging remarks about his eventual firing by GM. There is an annoying "Down Southey" banjo plinking in the background throughout. This is apparently supposed to make us imagine the "shade tree mechanic" and "home grown" aspects of Mr. Y, who was in actuality a sophisticated engineer, if perhaps a little unorthodox in he methods. At no time do we hear the voice of Mr. Y. Yes, it's a guy reading from a book. There is no motion picture. It's a slide show of photos, precious few photos at that. Finally, Ol' Smoke is a nickname never associated with Smokey Yunick. His nickname, was "Smokey". His given name, was "Henry". Ol Smoke, is a nickname associated with Tony Stewart of Nascar fame and also associated with a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Hardtop built by Stacey David's GearZ television program.

I realize that BS didn't actually make this clip, a fact that pleases me almost as much as it's short duration.

As they would say on 4chan: I am the disappoint.

Comment

Agreed.
      We can tell when you guys are scratchin' for something to post.
      As I've said before - RAISE THE BAR!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

^^^ ouch.. but
        X2

Comment

smokey lost his chevrolet contract and GMC dealership when bunkie knudsen went over to ford motor company , but in that period , there were still oddball GM things going on with best damn garage in town , I think a lot of it got transferred to AC DELCO ......knudsen and john delorean were smokey's corporate patrons

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X