Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Gearhead Toy Box: The Kenner Red Line

Re: Tales from the Gearhead Toy Box: The Kenner Red Line

Holy cow!...mine is in the basement with the mattel football, basketball and baseball. It's not in as good of shape but it still works like new. The days of sitting around trying for low ET with my friends.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

DUDE, I still have mine and it rocks . Did you know that if you have 2 you plug them together and race each other. Plus there is a way to CHEAT. okay, I mean bend the rules, it involves staging.....but I wont tell any more.
      totally digging it, Doug
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

SWEET JESUS
        http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-KENNER-DRAG-RACING-REDLINE-ELECTRONIC-GAME-BOXED_W0QQitemZ120343987259QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item120343987259&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I've got two! I still have my old one from back in the day and I picked up one at a flea market
          a while back. You mentioned that the sound was cool and loud, one of my friends got one with
          a "muffler" on the back, it was a rotating section of the speaker grate that muffled the sound.
          They came on the later versions and didn't sound as cool. They were great games!

Comment

Holy shit the bed!!! I had one of these! Mine had the adjustable speaker grill (muffler) I loved this thing and would play it for hours. Mine disappeared sometime ago, but I want another one. If someone finds one I'll buy it. I don't know what with, but I will buy it. Wow, you suck for yet another reason Brian.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Chad, being as we're roughly the same age, it bums me to no end knowing I had ZERO previous knowledge of this game.

For $385, I won't be getting familiarized anytime soon....LOL

Comment

Man this cracks me up. When I write some of these things I wonder to myself, "Is this the one that NO ONE is going to get?"

You guys ALWAYS reaffirm my faith in this place, so thanks for that. It rules that so many of you guys not only knew about this thing, but still have it! My favorite part is hitting the launch so perfectly you get that weird tire chirp noise.

My wife mentioned that I have managed to piss off wives across America with guys digging these babies out of their basements and stuff!

Awesome!

Doug...I'm REAL curious on the staging cheat.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Im cleaning the basement tomorrow!! I know there is one down there somewhere.If no one hears from me send a search party ;D

Comment

So when are we scheduling the Nats?

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Man....I missed out on that one.....Damn cheap ass parents.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I was a bit too old for that one. But I had an Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle!

Comment

I remember that game. I wanted one too, but I got the Coleco Basketball game instead. Damn parents. I went through enough 9 volt batteries in it to light Chicago. Just another toy my Dad regretted buying me because of the noise.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I dont have one > I called my brother and my nephew was the one that had it. > Oh well,I dont have to clean the basement now ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                              I was a bit too old for that one. But I had an Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle!
                              DF, Iam 43, and remember playing it in study halls in 10th grade, that was 1981.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X