Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cobra Jet Mustangs to Debut at the Winternationals

Re: New Cobra Jet Mustangs to Debut at the Winternationals

I think Brent also bought the one on B-J. It sure did look like him anyways. How epic would it be to see all the new pony cars compete together at the drags, on TV. Brent's team should do very well, I think he's got some of the best drivers on his team. Good Luck to them!
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Man, that's good news for sure! Mustangs have been about the best bang for buck hotrods and drag cars around for years now, and I'm glad Ford understands, and wants to maintain that. I can't think of a better way than this to do it. I'm still holding out for a P/S contender, and from what I've seen in Ford cylinder head tech, it's not far off.

On another Ford note, I've always wondered why there weren't more people taking advantage of big block Fords, specifically the 429/460s. When you compare them to any other big maker (factory style stuff) they're by far and away the best platform to make power with. The widest bore spacing, the highest location and largest dia cam, front distributor and oil drive (no flex induced into the cam like a rear drive), center thrust, crank centerline at pan rail (easy to control windage), easily controlled oiling system, huge main webs, ect. My beloved Mopars are severely handicapped by comparison, as is ye olde Chevy. With the new heads available now like the Blue Thunder Thors (better than a big cheif), It wouldn't surprise me to see them replace Chevy as best power per dollar one day.

Comment

The one form of competition that really supports Darren's (dthemi) contention is pulling trucks and mudders where the F-150's sales lead over the decades has evened out the competitive distribution vs. the Chevies and Mopars. Those guys kept the development of the 460 going before there was the kind of after market choices we have now. Amazingly you can build a budget BBF now for less money per HP than a BBC until you hit the high end. With Kasse's new Boss 9 heads and manifolds you may finally see a large number of BBF's that can rival the appearance of the legendary hemi.

I wouldn't have been able to build a BBF that allowed me to show may face at DW without all of the grass roots development at that level. NHRA would rather maintain the Chevy hegemony and aftermarket support and having held off the 5.0 push form the 80's and 90's and with Chevy having the most cost effective and compact new gen engine, the LSx's it'll stay that way.

The key question for the new Mustang Stock Eliminator cars is a what level did NHRA factor their horsepower and what class are they in as that will determine if they even get out of the class rounds to run on their indexes. S/S is super competitive these days and the drivers will have to be aces to even have chance.

NB if you you've never seen dthemi's car you are missing one of cleanest, strongest running cars I have ever seen. It was just jaw dropping at the PGD's a couple years back.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
        X