Truck Kills the Christmas Tree at the Winternationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Truck Kills the Christmas Tree at the Winternationals

Great Photos! I gotta ask....Who pays for the tree? Many yrs ago, I blew a worn-out slick at Kil-Kare speedway and stopped about 3' short of the lights at the big end. As the car went backwards , my only thought was, those timing lights are probably expensive.....If I broke those lights - I'm pretty sure Kil-Kare mgt would have forced me to stand in the middle of the big end with a stop watch to make sure the racin' kept goin' on.....
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I once was partners in a dragster. Was still painted and lettered for the previous owner. The first time we took it to Union Grove the starter came over screaming and making the slash across the throat signal. We towed back to the pits. Broadway Bob came over and said "I told you assholes never to bring that thing to my track again after you ran over my tree!" We convinced him we were the new owners. He gave us ONE chance to get our evil handling digger past the tree, which we did, only slightly out of shape.
      I love those photos, and kudos to the photog for shooting Stock.

Comment

i've had my guys run over those orange blocks before and they (NHRA) doesn't say a thing. those nasty reflectors can do some damage to a wing though.....
        just get used to being called sponge bob for the rest of the weekend....
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by AllenK
          Don't be that guy. ;D
          X2.....I know I wouldn't want to be.

Comment

Those pics are good.You can see the lugs on the tracks!

BTW I did that on a dry hop once. Right rear,four dropped on the track,the fifth one fell off when they jacked up the car to pull me off to the side.

It sucked.
            My car would do about 120 in the quarter and all I could think of is what would have happened if they broke when I was going into 4th? With no roll cage....

Comment

only in a mopar
              what a party pooper..
              glad no one got hurt..
              tho.. the rest of the racers might kill him..

Comment

Working...
              X