Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again in California

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again in California

Maybe DF can do a redux of the Crusher Camaro story. This time include a chapter that shows how you can build a SBC that blows clean emissions with all kinds of aftermarket parts...
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again in California

less than 1% of cars on the road

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
        Maybe DF can do a redux of the Crusher Camaro story. This time include a chapter that shows how you can build a SBC that blows clean emissions with all kinds of aftermarket parts...
        You dont need all kinds of aftermarket parts. Most just need a tune up by a qualied tech, and an understanding of the combustion process! My 78 454 suburban with no cats can pass NY for the 1990 standards! with nothing more than a curve kit and a eddy 1406.

Comment

Originally posted by FANTASY FACTORY
          You dont need all kinds of aftermarket parts. Most just need a tune up by a qualied tech, and an understanding of the combustion process! My 78 454 suburban with no cats can pass NY for the 1990 standards! with nothing more than a curve kit and a eddy 1406.
          the point I was making is this: if I want to build something with Edelbrock heads and intake, EFI or carb, and use aftermarket parts (for which there is no CARB exemption), the rule should simply be - if it blows clean, I can run it. Which is not the case now.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by FANTASY FACTORY

the point I was making is this: if I want to build something with Edelbrock heads and intake, EFI or carb, and use aftermarket parts (for which there is no CARB exemption), the rule should simply be - if it blows clean, I can run it. Which is not the case now.
            Not from California and not sure I understand...so if it blows cleaner than the standard for a particular year but doesn't have the Clean Air Gestapo-mandated parts, then it's a fail in any case?????
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again

Yep, there is a visual inspection too. They check to see if you have all the parts you're supposed to have. Just one more BS way of screwing people that has nothing to do with clean air. Think money for the state and you'll get the picture.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

mlc, that's right.

It's not based on the emissions at all, but what "approved parts" I use. Which is BS! Say I build an all-aftermarket engine for my 1970 <whatever car> - aftermarket block, heads, intake, exhaust. I could EFI tune it and make it meet emissions standards of a car in the mid 1990s pretty easily, and have it make 500 N/A hp (or 1000+ with boost), but it would still be illegal to drive on the road.

The Crusher Camaro story is pretty awesome. Rebeldryver or someone who has been with DF from farther back than me, should be able to tell it better...

Comment

Re: Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again

I haven't really known DF that long. A couple of years. I just traded the ocassional email with before that.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X