• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridetech Road Trip : Cars & Cones

When: MAY 2nd – 6th 2016
    Where: Concord NC, Kodiac TN, BowlingGreen KY, Louisville KY, Jasper IN,
    WHO: First 100 cars that sign up

Welcome to a brand new street car event called Road Trip – Cars and Cones 2016.

The Road Trip event is scheduled for May 2- 6, 2016 and will be a traveling autocross caravan. The Road Trip will begin in Concord, NC and meander through four states, concluding in scenic southern Indiana. Featuring four autocross events in five days, along with a scenic cruise route and organized social activities each day, The Road Trip captures all of the driving elements that appeal to true grassroots automotive enthusiasts. Each day of the event will start with a 100-200 mile cruise, followed by five hours of autocross, finishing up with a catered dinner and parking lot party.

The Road Trip will also offer one of the largest performance automotive doorprize raffles in country – over $70,000 in performance parts will be given away to the participants during the five day event. Raffle prizes include everything from suspension kits, ultra high performance tires, big brake kits, batteries and chargers; up to a complete set of wheels and a full chassis. Nearly all raffle prizes have a minimum $1000 retail value!

Registration for Road Trip – Cars & Cones 2016 opens today at www.fm3roadtrip.com. Official rules for the event as well as event information will be accesible at this site as it become available. Be sure to register on the site to receive host hotel and other important information. Road Trip entry is $500 per entrant and includes all cruise and autocross events, a goody bag, eligibility for the doorprize raffle, and a catered dinner for two each night. Registration is limited to the first 100 paid entries.

Day 1 - May 2, 2016 – Detroit Speed and Engineering – Zmax Dragway – Concord, NC
    Day 2 - May 3, 2016 – No Limit Engineering – Smokies Stadium – Kodak, TN
    Day 3 - May 4, 2016 – Holley – National Corvette Museum Raceway Park* – Bowling Green, KY
    Day 4 - May 5, 2016 – sponsor TBD – Kentucky Bourbon Trail – Lexington and Louisville, KY
    Day 5 - May 6, 2016 – Ridetech – location TBD – beautiful southern Indiana
    CHECK US OUT AT:
    www.ridetech.com

I' m signed up. Looks awesome!!!

Comment

I signed up, this is going to be fun! I love getting into new stuff. I was thinking of taking my 67 442 convert, but maybe I should see if I can talk my bride into letting me take her '61 Vette. BTW, I've never autocrossed before, but I have been wanting to for a long time. This event is getting me off the fence and into the mix. I'll have to try to learn how to do it asap this spring.

Comment

This sounds really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
          I signed up, this is going to be fun! I love getting into new stuff. I was thinking of taking my 67 442 convert, but maybe I should see if I can talk my bride into letting me take her '61 Vette. BTW, I've never autocrossed before, but I have been wanting to for a long time. This event is getting me off the fence and into the mix. I'll have to try to learn how to do it asap this spring.
          Bring both cars! I think first timers will enjoy it as much as the seasoned guys/gals. I know I am excited to see the turn out and all the sweet cars that are guaranteed to show up!
          CHECK US OUT AT:
          www.ridetech.com

Comment

I can't see the rules as the logo covers most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tman View Post
              I can't see the rules as the logo covers most of it.

Sorry Tman it is working for me just fine for me. If you want to PM me your email I would be happy to send it to you that way. You could also send me an email [email protected]
              CHECK US OUT AT:
              www.ridetech.com

Comment

We are signed up!!

Comment

It starts in a month! Who else is going? I needed to get my car dug out of storage and see what it needs.

Comment

The only autocross event that I can find around here in April is already booked up. So I will be coming into this autocross as a 100% newbie.
                    I know I'll screw stuff up, but I hope my car holds together. Looks like I'll be driving the 67 442 convert. Tires are 225 70 R14 ta radials on the stock Magnum 500 rims
                    Last edited by Hemi Joel; April 3, 2016, 09:31 AM. Reason: Cant spell

Comment

We will be driving my shop truck ,a 67 c10. This will be the first time autocrossing for us.

Comment

We got two Novas coming out of MD. First time autocrosser's on a track that is. Mine should do ok but my friends has 33x18.5 x 15 tires on the back. it will be fun to watch him.

Vic that truck look's great can't wait to see it and you all.

Comment

The turn out should be great! We have had a lot of people express interest in it.. There will be a lot of great people and a lot of nice cars.
                          CHECK US OUT AT:
                          www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                            We got two Novas coming out of MD. First time autocrosser's on a track that is. Mine should do ok but my friends has 33x18.5 x 15 tires on the back. it will be fun to watch him.

Vic that truck look's great can't wait to see it and you all.

When are you getting to Charlotte.?

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post

When are you getting to Charlotte.?
                              Not sure yet Vic. We have the hotel for Sunday night but Kathy and Dennis want to get out of town fast as we can. So we might leave Saturday and sight see along the way. I hear they may be a new Dinner to check out in lower VA. So we might be in your area on Saturday. I will talk with them next week and try to make a plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X