62 T-Bird brake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 T-Bird brake question

What's the piece with the bleeder valve on top, and can it cause the brake pedal to not return periodically? Can I eliminate it? THX
    STUGOTS

Can it be something to bleed the distribution block. Or maybe a residual valve? My friends Torino had a strange distribution block. We replaced it with a adjustable one. It looked like a residual valve but obviously was not. It started leaking is why we changed it.

Comment

Is it factory? Back in the late 70's or was it in the 80's that they use to sell "anti lock" brake kits that had something that looked similar that you'd plumb into the brake lines. Maybe that's what you have.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Where is it? Looks like that's the master cylinder in the background.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          Is it factory? Back in the late 70's or was it in the 80's that they use to sell "anti lock" brake kits that had something that looked similar that you'd plumb into the brake lines. Maybe that's what you have.
          I don't know if it's factory. good question!
          STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
            Looks like that's the master cylinder in the background.
            Yes
            STUGOTS

Comment

I had a schematic for the 62 TBird pulled upand stupidly closed it, now I can't find it again. I didn't see that in there though. Gimme a little bit to keep digging. Meanwhile, this might help.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm wondering if that is some sort of accumulator. A sudden spike in line pressure, it expands or absorbs the spike?
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                X