Champ Performance and Fabrication Open House/Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Performance and Fabrication Open House/Car Show

For years I have read stories about car guys attending open houses and fabrication shops, hot rod shops and such but have never had the opportunity to see one. When I found a flyer for an open house at a local fab shop caled Champ Performance and Fabrication I took it and ran. My shadow and I hopped in the Fury and headed on over to see what was going down and what we found was probably the single coolest gathering of gear heads, cars and metal workers I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.

The shop had a band, a "chili dump" free drinks and a black smith demonstration. Below are some photos I took of the event, I hope you enjoy them keeping in mind I am no photographer.

Pantera

it has been a dream of mine to ride in a rumble seat but I couldnt work the courage up to ask the owner for a spin.

Unrestored driver, rust free and dripping with potential.

Not a fan of the "rat rod" but I can appreciate the work. the owner of this car is a really great guy and put many hours into this. Every time I see it I find a new detail I missed on the last viewing.

Hands down my favorite at the show, this thing was oozing so much awesome I was tripping over it.

this clean block was stuffed into a ratty duster. A guy after my own heart...clean engine in a beater.

this has to be the cleanest SS I've seen since they were new. It was so clean there wasnt even wear marks on the seats.

One of the first "under constructions" we saw. Deep channel, lots of custom metal work going on and an I6 for power. Should be cool when done.

I felt right at home with cars like this in the lot. A ratty little Rambler packing an AMC 360. It looks rough but was a clean build, no hacking that I could see.

The gentalman that owns this truck is a great guy who says he built this rig for right around 5K. It is LS powered and according to the owner "moves along real nice"

I'm a sucker for pin stripes

as clean a C10 as I've ever seen.

Two Ramblers in one show. This Ambassador was rough but pretty damn cool

I thought about leaning against this car and watching TV in hopes that the Pharos would happen by and initiate me.

I do love a long low Caddy.

Another under construction. The metal work in this thing seemed endless and looked top notch.

This used to sport a dual quad high rise, now it appears as though it will be a dual quad high rise with twin turbos!

Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 2, 2015, 10:14 AM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I really want to see this one donw, Lincoln flathead power!

Whats not to love about a high rise and two carbs?

a gaggle of engines waiting for a home

Small block, 5 spd....it sounded snotty and reved to the moon...

I was NOT the only car with rust!

I have no idea what these air cleaners are but the looked cool.

I was loving the sound of this mild custom 40 but he never popped the hood. I am guessing it was a flatty

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This rod was neat, the valve covers and window frame were cast aluminum. By the owner or someone else I do not know but it looked great. the exhaust pipes on the sides were tied into the cutouts that were cable operated.

Comment

I wish I coulda gone...but other things were going on Saturday. I've been reading about the BBC mopar build up on fb. the gold 40 is Kirk's son's car, I've seen it a few times, at Bonneville and over in Bisbee, as well as at Kirk's house.

Nice pics! thanks for posting them
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Happy to share, it was a good time, probably the most enjoyable "show" I've ever been to.

I am going back on Saturday for a black smith open house! Gonna hammer on some hot steel and I cant wait.

Comment

Working...
          X