world war ONE airplane flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world war ONE airplane flying

I do not recall finding good definition video on this one.

just shuts off whenever.

The Avro 504 was a World War I biplane aircraft made by the Avro aircraft company and under licence by others. Production during the War totalled 8,970 and continued for almost 20 years,[1] making it the most-produced aircraft of any kind that served in World War I, in any military capacity, during that conflict. Over 10,000 were built from 1913 to the time production ended in 1932
    I remember the kc135 used to trigger engine fire codes... no reason.
    Trained to look out the window for a 300 foot trail of fire or discolors..
    odors in the cabin, flickering lights.

keep going otherwise..
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 2, 2016, 01:35 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Very COOL, great to see it still flying and not setting in some museum, and there's a pilot with skills, only computer on board is his brain.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Engine speed control was in its' infancy, so many of these really old Airplanes used a "Stutter box" as a Governor to limit the engine speed. Note that when the Plane is "Pulling hard" that there is no 'miss'.
      When it landed, and there was the fire in the cowling this was the raw fuel pumped thru (with no spark) lighting off from the hot exhaust. While in the air, the same thing happens, but wind speed and air flow helps to prevent a big ball of flame
      See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Cool stuff. From the days when men were men, and the women were glad of it.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

quite a leap into the 40s.

this one is also fresh.
          my pc is 4 times bigger than it was for 18 years ... so forgive me if this looks nothing like new to anyone else.

there was still an occasional "jets are for kids" from older right into the 1990s.

I have learned my generation will be written as the most insane ever.
          cargo sized planes with a top speed beyond sound.. held back by the same skinny materials for 50 years... on its way to a screaming head swelling 60000 feet.

your head could be sweating to a 250F vent and below your purple dead knees begging for above 30 below.

control tabs, cables, and a man on the throttles...

it still lingers on. the mentality and will.. without exacts or prepared.
          3 triple A batteries, a flashlight that needs all 3...
          frigid arctic wind in the dark, a thermometer needs one of them.
          Who gives a shit how cold it is. Keep the light for when the power goes out.

Maybe it wasn't insane at all times. Maybe it is just another generation of godly men.
          Fearing it would be a shame.
          I still want to call the jet age dawn into the 90s the grey ghosts.
          It may not be the greatest generation.. it sure will linger a lot longer in mysterious ways.

I thought I was immune to these invisible conversations.
          I just handwashed my blanket, the heavy smell of salt that did not pertain to the ocean emerged in the warm water..
          expecting grey, my laundry detergent does that
          little pebbles started forming at the drain, and stayed there, in alignment refusing to go down without some help..
          was it my hands, or the blanket... do I choose to forget I sleep with it.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 3, 2016, 07:15 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X