No announcement yet.

Daydreaming,megamillions style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm imagining the phone calls..... Brad Hadman? Whip up three of your lightest Dragster and F/C chassis each. With rolling gear, bodies (C/F) and tin please. Steve Petty, Brad Anderson, Pat Musi? A pair of your baddest ass Turbo, Alcohol and Nitrous motors each. Cubic inches? YES, all of them, and MORE if you can. Classes? No need to make them classy, but make them look BAAD as they run. NO rules. Rossler? Six please. Short as possible. No need to be bulletproof as most because they are going into center steer cars instead of door cars. Charlotte? A month or three or four track time and shop space nearby. Can I get a discount for only using three lanes at a time? If not a little Dragster vs. FC action could be fun too. Now, just HOW deep into the fours can we get? Remember more cubic inches and power than ANY of these combos has SEEN, ever. F*** Five hundred inches. GOAL? Threes at 1000 ft. New TOP classes with no Nitro. Oh? You still want to cackle? Mr. Hadman, Rossler? Plus one each please. Send them to Alan Johnson. He's whipping up some five liter mini hemis. No we won't be slipping clutches. Don Schumacher? We will need a LOT of fuel to dial THIS sh*t in, send a semi. Well the car will be running MORE fuel pump and blower than a 500 incher so it will get THIRSTY. We're gonna let it eat AND drink!

Any change from my two billion left? Jerry Bickel? Just whip up the baddest Pro Stock EVER. You pick the motor, but bonus points for anything over 900 inches. Sanctioning body? No thank you. Just want the wickedest car to burn race gas by just sucking air and injecting fuel EVER. Yes, think naturally Aspirated, totally un-natural. Just deliver it to Charlotte, I'll be doing some testing there. Yeah, maybe have an NHRA legal Pro Mod there to compare your beast too. No, not crazy, I think we can pick up a full second over NHRA Pro Stocks. I mean, we're thinking almost TWICE as much motor, lighter car, right?

NHRA? I've got some video for you.....
    Last edited by RockJustRock; October 22, 2018, 08:06 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

First thing is first, I'd retain a lawyer and a financial advisor. I'd set up an LLC to claim the money. Once the kids college and all our debt was taken care of we'd search for the right property to build on. I want a log cabin that would be easy to keep clean and maintain. I'd also build a large workshop and barn on a nice piece of rural property, 100ish acres or so. After investing, and making the money work for me I'd probably look into some volunteer work or maybe start a non profit vo-tech training for teens and young adults while continuing my own education. I'd probably drop the "degree work" and focus on things that interest me instead of all the crap you HAVE to take to check boxes. Screw you, I have my own boxes to check and I don't need your parchment.

Of course we want to travel so vacations would be mandatory. As well as filling that workshop with some cars and trucks. I'd like stuff that is kinda done, that I could tinker on and make my own but nothing would require the type of BS I currently deal with.

Although, this is strictly off the cuff, I've never REALLY given it much thought.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        After today of chewing grinding dust.... i'd buy myself serfs. People to do all the terrible jobs I hate, then I'd take total credit for all their hard work. Yep, I'd be a terrible person....
        Ok Aaron Foose!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

and unicorns. How can you have an island without unicorns?
          Dodo birds too!

Comment

Is Bangshift for sale?

I'd set up a charitable foundation.
            I'd pay off my mortgage.
            I'd also fund development of a series of hopefully affordable aftermarket DOHC four-valve heads and some cool parts for obsolete V8s.
            I'd also build some turnkey doorslammers for sportsmen racers (loosely inspired by Joel Rosen's Motion Performance, but without the whole getting sued by the EPA thing).
            I'd fund a multi-car Ford assault on HRDW and a handful of other true sportsmen events.
            I'd send an associate sponsorship check to the Wood Brothers because I admire their decades of brand loyalty.
            I'd buy enough shares of "F" (really cheap right now) and a small-town Ford-Lincoln dealership (not so cheap anymore) so that I could attend the annual shareholders' and dealers' meetings and gripe about things . . . .

It's more likely that I'd get struck by lightning than for any of that to ever happen.
            Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; October 22, 2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              First thing is first, I'd retain a lawyer and a financial advisor. I'd set up an LLC to claim the money.
              Yes. Absolutely correct.

Comment

I guess I am quite simple to please. First thing I would purchase. Something I have never had probably never will with out hitting some type of jackpot. A house with garage to work on my cars in. Nothing fancy 3-4 brm, basement and a 2-3 car garage.

It's fun to dream about it. I guess I just want the American dream.

Tim

Maybe I'll hire a kid to handle my phone calls and emails. they would only have to learn a few words. " Sorry never heard of you." Click
                Last edited by PT Sportwagon; October 23, 2018, 08:24 AM.
                '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
                '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
                2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

I'm jittery. I have a LOT of shots at My dream. Al Anabi, Bahrain 1, Ekanoo. I thrive in a desert climate, lived in Phoenix a while.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Dammit. I stayed up all night to find out. I didn't win. My ticket matched the date of the draw, rthat's all. Another two dollars down the drain. Oh well. Worse things have happened in 61 years.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      Strange.... The death of DIY. But we'd all still WANT Workshops to NOT work in, I guess. And if you could be anywhere, would it be in a workshop, not working, doing what? And if you HAVE a workshop why aren't you there now?
                      IDK, I'd need to have workshop and fill it with employees, At least at first, to learn from them.
                      You can't just walk up to a 5axis cnc and carve out stuff at will.
                      Heck I'd need to learn how to use a basic Bridgeport.
                      If I hit big, I'd have a big shop that built rides for others, with a side shop with my own junk. A manager to run the business side, but have the ability to attract talent that can build anything, and learn from them. While still being able to go into the side shop shut the door and work on my own junk.
                      That said, even if you are taught from the best, doesn't mean you'll be good at it, and having those that are on the payroll can be gold.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        First thing is first, I'd retain a lawyer and a financial advisor. I'd set up an LLC to claim the money. Once the kids college and all our debt was taken care of we'd search for the right property to build on. I want a log cabin that would be easy to keep clean and maintain. I'd also build a large workshop and barn on a nice piece of rural property, 100ish acres or so. After investing, and making the money work for me I'd probably look into some volunteer work or maybe start a non profit vo-tech training for teens and young adults while continuing my own education. I'd probably drop the "degree work" and focus on things that interest me instead of all the crap you HAVE to take to check boxes. Screw you, I have my own boxes to check and I don't need your parchment.

Of course we want to travel so vacations would be mandatory. As well as filling that workshop with some cars and trucks. I'd like stuff that is kinda done, that I could tinker on and make my own but nothing would require the type of BS I currently deal with.

Although, this is strictly off the cuff, I've never REALLY given it much thought.
                        You don't need to hit the lottery to do volunteer work.

Comment

Working...
                        X