Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BS East Feast: October 17 at Beaver Springs Dragway

Originally posted by ls7gto
    "Steel Reserve". terrible taste in a pounder can....with11% alchohol.

That stuff filled half my fridge for four years at UMass. It'll put hair on your teeth.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
      National bohemian? Never heard of it.
      I know what Bobs present is going to be!

National Bohemian is a premium Bohemian-style beer. As the name implies, this is a method of beer-making that originated in Europe in the 1800?s using Bavarian-style laagering techniques. Also known as Pilsner, this style of beer has the unique claim to being "the world's first golden beer."

Today, Natty Boh is brewed according to the strict traditions that made it the beer of choice. Using only the finest ingredients - sparkling pure water, fine grains, choice hops and our special strain of selected yeast - every batch of Natty Boh is patiently aged resulting in a medium-bodied beer with a smooth color, a distinct hop aroma and a superior taste.

From the Land of Pleasant Living? comes National Bohemian, a treasured mid-Atlantic brand since 1885. National Bohemian, or Natty Boh is Baltimore's signature beer and a legend among American beers.

A Bohemian-style beer, Natty Boh was first brewed in 1885 by the National Brewing Company in Baltimore, Maryland. After prohibition, National Bohemian returned with the introduction of Mr. Boh, the one-eyed mascot with a handlebar-mustache and distinctive smile. Instantly adopted as a symbol of a proud city, Mr. Boh continues to be the iconic face for the brand today appearing on all cans, bottles, packaging and merchandise found in shops all over Maryland.

In the late '40s, canned beer started becoming popular and National was the first brewer in the U.S. to put six-packs of cans on the market. In following decade, National Brewing continued to proudly represent Baltimore and the Maryland shore, adopting the now famous slogan: "From the Land of Pleasant Living". In 1965, National Bohemian became the official sponsor of the Baltimore Orioles. Natty Boh was served at Memorial Stadium and cemented its reputation as "official" beer of Baltimore.

Today, Natty Boh has returned to the traditional recipe that made it the beer of choice in Baltimore and across the mid-Atlantic. Likewise, Mr. Boh continues to be a symbol of the community he so proudly represents and can be seen keeping watch over the city on top of the Natty Boh Tower. But he represents far more than a simple mascot, he is also the uncrowned king of Baltimore and plays a significant role in what makes Baltimore different from any other city in the world!

You asked

Steve
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Been mulling it over.........

I'll be there. If there's a stock 4x4 truck class, I may even have to race the Silverado...LOL

Comment

Match race!

My 2wd F250 Vs your Chev.

It's on biotch.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Match race!

It's on biotch.

Brian
            I want in on that action.....I say we have a tow rig race off.....

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
              "Steel Reserve". terrible taste in a pounder can....with11% alchohol.

That stuff filled half my fridge for four years at UMass. It'll put hair on your teeth.

Brian
              I can think of better ways to get hair on my teeth!
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal
                Originally posted by BluLightning
                National bohemian? Never heard of it.
                I know what Bobs present is going to be!

National Bohemian is a premium Bohemian-style beer. As the name implies, this is a method of beer-making that originated in Europe in the 1800?s using Bavarian-style laagering techniques. Also known as Pilsner, this style of beer has the unique claim to being "the world's first golden beer."

Today, Natty Boh is brewed according to the strict traditions that made it the beer of choice. Using only the finest ingredients - sparkling pure water, fine grains, choice hops and our special strain of selected yeast - every batch of Natty Boh is patiently aged resulting in a medium-bodied beer with a smooth color, a distinct hop aroma and a superior taste.

From the Land of Pleasant Living? comes National Bohemian, a treasured mid-Atlantic brand since 1885. National Bohemian, or Natty Boh is Baltimore's signature beer and a legend among American beers.

A Bohemian-style beer, Natty Boh was first brewed in 1885 by the National Brewing Company in Baltimore, Maryland. After prohibition, National Bohemian returned with the introduction of Mr. Boh, the one-eyed mascot with a handlebar-mustache and distinctive smile. Instantly adopted as a symbol of a proud city, Mr. Boh continues to be the iconic face for the brand today appearing on all cans, bottles, packaging and merchandise found in shops all over Maryland.

In the late '40s, canned beer started becoming popular and National was the first brewer in the U.S. to put six-packs of cans on the market. In following decade, National Brewing continued to proudly represent Baltimore and the Maryland shore, adopting the now famous slogan: "From the Land of Pleasant Living". In 1965, National Bohemian became the official sponsor of the Baltimore Orioles. Natty Boh was served at Memorial Stadium and cemented its reputation as "official" beer of Baltimore.

Today, Natty Boh has returned to the traditional recipe that made it the beer of choice in Baltimore and across the mid-Atlantic. Likewise, Mr. Boh continues to be a symbol of the community he so proudly represents and can be seen keeping watch over the city on top of the Natty Boh Tower. But he represents far more than a simple mascot, he is also the uncrowned king of Baltimore and plays a significant role in what makes Baltimore different from any other city in the world!

You asked

Steve
                I've not had many beers I don't like. I'm going to bring some of this. Brian has sampled it.

I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Match race!

It's on biotch.

Brian
                  MATCH BASH!!

Ohhhh......smack talkin' even before I'd accept...you can bet your Irish ass it's on!

Good thing my windows are tinted as dark as they are....rolled up, you won't be distracted by the sights and sounds of my laughter as I steamroll past you on my way to VICTORY!!!

We gonna have us a time, for sure..... ;D

Comment

so who thinks they will have the fastest or quickest car/truck there? and who is driving some distance in something fairly quick? will your car have to be legal (tech wise) to get a 100mph sticker? im legal on motor but not on the jug ;)

Comment

So do we have a new guy showing up? I for one am looking for a blowout of a party. Does it count if I'm driving some distance in some thing slow but unreliable? I tried calling out them crazy scooter kids but they are all chicken so it looks like the New Port has no competition for slowest. Although Gene did mention a foot race.

Steve
                      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal
                        I for one am looking for a blowout of a party. Steve
                        Make that two of us! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by calico camaro
                          so who thinks they will have the fastest or quickest car/truck there? and who is driving some distance in something fairly quick? will your car have to be legal (tech wise) to get a 100mph sticker? im legal on motor but not on the jug ;)
                          To get the 100 mph sticker, the car must pass Beaver's tech inspection, have state license and inspection, be on DOT rubber, and run through the mufflers.

I'm driving the Monte about 90 miles one way. If the trans holds up, it will go 12.60's on the 100 shot.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                            Originally posted by calico camaro
                            To get the 100 mph sticker, the car must pass Beaver's tech inspection, have state license and inspection, be on DOT rubber, and run through the mufflers.
                            I'm driving the Monte about 90 miles one way. If the trans holds up, it will go 12.60's on the 100 shot.
                            if i can make it, i would be driving several hundred miles one way and run 11.8ish @ 117ish on motor. car is a daily driver and completely street legal. but to run 100 in the 1/8th it needs the bottle turned on since i only trap about 93-94 on motor and then it would be well under 7.49/11.49 with no cage or harness since it is a daily..... most smaller tracks i run at have no issue on test and tune night or a few exhibition runs between rounds

Comment

100 in the 1/8 gets you a silver sticker.

Awesome! You might the quickest guy there from the forum. You prepared to take the Cherry Bombs home with you?
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

When you say state plates and inspection for 100mph sticker, is that any state, or just for PA. I plan on driving my Mustang down, its about 180 miles door to door for me. I should be able to due 12.80 @ 106 just unloading the luggage.
                                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                                X