Muscle Truck: Ford version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muscle Truck: Ford version

That truck is righteous! I love the stance. And what is not to love about that engine? Nice going.

Comment

Out here in Cali, muscle trucks are pretty rare. There are a lot of customized and tricked out ones, but few that were meant to go fast in a straight line. I grew up in Omaha. Pickups were everywhere and dirt cheap. Many came with V8's, so it was natural that young rodders rodded them. The kids off the farm would come into town with their barn built muscle trucks. Some were worse than Marines on a weekend pass. No one was safe, especially the girls. Being off the farm, they usually had CB's, giant whip antennas, and most a spittoon dangling from the dash by a coat hangar.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

needs bling , like some phillipine made 28 in wheels

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
          KICK AWESOME!!! I dig the truck. Fix the mirror spots and just roll with it. Honestly a truck that's been done up enough that you are afraid of putting camping equipment in the bed or you sit there with a "Don't Touch" sign and an autoduster has been nutered in my opion. I'd love a well used 67-87 Chevy C/K 10 or 20 with an equal mix of life used up and life left in it.
          I have insisted to everyone I know that this truck is NOT a show truck, and I'm not afraid to drive it or use it. Granted, anything it hauls is pretty light duty these days, and I do try to keep it nice, but it doesn't just sit inside on rainy days. It does get stored in the winters, since the PA salt would eat this thing alive, but as soon as spring breaks it comes out for cruising. I put about 5000 miles a year on it.

I really appreciate the kind words that everyone has, thanks to you all. I always say that wheel/tires and stance are what makes a vehicle stand out, so that's what I focused on with this truck. I scored the steelies for $30 at a swap meet, meant to be temporary until I could find something nicer, but they have really grown on me. I still might do some type of center cap, but it will be minimal. I like to keep it clean and low key. Let the motor do the talkin'...

Oh, and just for you Spidey: I'm still a young punk (27) who doesn't know anything and is up to no good. Here's a pic of my other truck with the bling bling - ;)

Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread!!
            Glad to see you go this back together!! Does it run as strong as you thought it would?
            Have you had it to the track? I'd be interested to see what it runs!
            Looks great, it has to be a tone of fun.
            We're turning 2400 to maintain highway speed with 3.00 gears and 29" tires. I've got a 3.25 center coming, we also had 3.50's and got tired of the revs. If you stay in town or on secondary roads its not too bad......highway sucks.

Wish you were closer.... I'd get you up on the dyno.....

Comment

Working...
            X