teaching kids the RIGHT WAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teaching kids the RIGHT WAY

I was just thinking tonight, my 3 year old this month has already been to a car show, the dragstrip (for a pre-1970 race) and mud drags. On sunday I'm taking the little monkey to see Nitro Harleys for the first time with my father in-law (he worked on a Nitro bike for 10 years prior to my son being born - and they won 10 canadian championships & 1 AHDRA championship in that time)

I'm guessing anyone else on this site would be teaching their kids that good old motorsports are a hell of a lot of fun. We even went to 2 different monster truck shows earlier in the year and a few other car shows.

My 1 year old daughter has to wait a bit to go to stuff other than car shows, but she already knows how to make car noises when playing with hot wheels (hmmm..... not to girly, but then again my wife is into old cars and Harleys)

What do you take your little ones to?

Re: teaching kids the RIGHT WAY

Well let me see.... I've taken my youngens to see the bail bondsman and the Judge... a laywer....

Just kidding .... my kids are in thier late 20's

Comment

The boys have been to the digs, poop loads of car shows, a tractor pull or two, and it's not really a motorsport, but a few months ago there was a big excavation project going on in town so I took Tom on a Saturday morning, grabbed a couple donuts and he we watched the big equipment work.

Chevy....good stuff with the nitro hawgs. The only danger is that he'll want to ride one when he "grows up" (who am I kidding none of us have "grown up"!)

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Chevy, sounds like the training I went through with my wife.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Well.....both my boys are all grown up but are
          into hot rods.
          Besides the drag races, car shows and swap meets I took them to .......one of the
          best thing I did was haul them to the boneyard when I went.

There they could take things apart to see how they worked.....not
          having to worry about putting them back together.

They learned a lot........and weren't intimidated about doing stuff on
          their own rides.
          We still talk about it today.....as they both wrench on their
          own vehicles.

Yep........you're doin it right.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

the wife and my 2nd date was to a u-pull it . damn that dont sound right.

she was looking through glove boxes and found cash.....all i ever found was bees and snakes.
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

My wife went to Germany with her mom, leaving my 8yr. old son and I to our own devises. In the last 10 days we have gone to two car cruises, two airplane museums, one burnout in front of his elementary school (summer tradition for us) gone on a Hot Wheels buying spree, target shot with our .22's, tore up the backyard on our quads, and Sunday we are going to run the Mustang a local SCCA Autocross ( hoping they let him ride in the car with me). Some would say thats not the "RIGHT WAY" but , it works for us. ;D
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Dream week!!!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

MY ALL TIME SACRED GROUND IS THE STAGING LANES AT RACEWAY PARK

DAN TOO - too bad he can't talk to lee shepherd like I did when I was a kid

Comment

I started Logan young...His first trip to the dragstrip was when he was 4 months old......He has been back at least a dozen times since. He has helped me disassemble a chevelle, gone to the races at Maxton, and tons of shows....

He is getting raised right.

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Dad didn't take me to shows when I was little. I wanted to go so bad and annoyed him so much, he relented and took me to the World of Wheels show when I was 6 or 7.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

..........AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED ;D ;) 8)!! ~J/W-006.

Comment

Hot wheels ! I have no children but my parents and grandparents bought me lots of Hot Wheels.
                          My dad wasnt into cars but little cars kept me quiet. I buy them for my friends kid all the time.

Comment

Both of my boys have been to nhra national events before they where a year old and both sleep through the nitro finals, We regularly go to car shows, both boys like going to Vintage Ford on Saturdays when we can for hot dogs and hot rods, and they just love being at the track when we can get there to watch anything from vw's to funny cars

Comment

when I had my nephew alot he got to ride around in the dirt
                              car and pack the track and when he got older he got to take the car out by himself :D
                              lots of wrenching and drag racing too!!!!!!!!
                              but now he is gone and I miss him :'(
                              please!!! dont let your kids hang out with bad people!!!!
                              lost him to a drug overdose two years ago.
                              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X