Toy car crashes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy car crashes...

So does anyone remember the name of that stupid car that came apart when you crashed it and you put it back together again over and over....

Just saw a commercial that reminded me of it...

Keith

Re: Toy car crashes...

crash bang smashem up, put them back togeeeeether!
    awesome flashback. thanks, man

Comment

SST

Comment

Another toy kind of along the same lines. Anyone remember Rock'em Sock'em.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

it's funny how stuff like that works with memories... someone mentioned Hot wheels and I instantly flashed to my Garage...that did nothing but store the toys... Rockum sockum Robots... oh hell yeah...

Kind of laughing about it... but I'll bet lots of these young whipper snappers have never actually shot a game of marbles... or spun an old style top...

Bet they've jumped rope with the pope thou...

K

Comment

How about the AFX race tracks with the grandstands, lap counters and pit lanes, you had to pit before your fuel supply ran out or your laps wouldn't count, I still have them and they still worked when I put them away the last time.

Comment

I used to have SST's. I had the regular ones that didn't wreck apart. Didn't matter, I'd crash em up anyways. I got them taken away from me because I used one to get even with an irritating older sister. I pulled the zip cord on the big wheel and while it was spinning; I shoved it into her hair and watch it it wound up in it. They had to cut her hair to get it out. One of the many things my family will never let me forget.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

When I got a slot car track for my son I got me 3 cars also.Set it up on plywood ,lake grass, wrecked hot wheels, damn good times

Comment

SST's were great. Mine wasn't the crash type. I think it was blue and more like the land speed type.

I used to video tape car crashes on my AFX track and playem back in slow mo. It's really cool watching them that way.

Wish I still had my Evel Knievel gyro cycle.

Comment

I finally bought a Gas Pump Charger for my Hot Wheels Sizzler Race Track. The Guy tossed in a Hot Wheels Snake and Mongoose Drag Race set to boot Parachutes and All. Since it is used, I now have one for the Kids when they come to visit. They were not allowed to play with the other Race Set, Cause that one is Mine.

Comment

I hide the rockem sockems when the nephews (huey,dewey,louie )come down here. anyone remember kenners redline from the early 80s?
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I had them as a kid and they were called "Smash Up Derby"..

I had the top two kits.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
                          I had them as a kid and they were called "Smash Up Derby"..

I had the top two kits.

Now that I see those, I actually had the this one. Jenny's hair got the red car. ;D

If I had them right this minute; I'd be on the floor in my suit playing with them. :D

Hmmm..I can get this to keep me entertained while waiting for parts.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I totally remember the t-tops on those, man.

Comment

OH MAN! I had those, they were hand me downs from my uncle who is 10 years older than me...Man I had so much fun with those things....too cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X