Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went On The Dyno

Went on the Dyno on Thursday night.
    889HP @8240 RPM and 609 Lbs Ft. Torque. Not bad for a 407 small block with iron block and iron heads huh. Oh ya no cheating, just plain old stack injectors with on alcohol.

Re: Went On The Dyno

Wow very stout!!! I don't remember if I had thanked you about the tip on the alarm battery so thank you ;D worked great. As it turns out my Dad uses them in alarms on elevators

Comment

Wow....How much CR?
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by jfuelracer
        Went on the Dyno on Thursday night.
        889HP @8240 RPM and 609 Lbs Ft. Torque. Not bad for a 407 small block with iron block and iron heads huh. Oh ya no cheating, just plain old stack injectors with on alcohol.
        please tell me someone took some video!! sounds great, did you play with timing or AFR to get to that number? or was it already tuned and you were just seeing what it makes?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Ya what kind of compression?? And if you don't mind me asking, what's the cam specs, ballpark figures are ok if you don't want to give the full details. ;) Hey and what kind of heads??

Comment

nice congrats!!
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

that is downright impressive.

Comment

kool

Comment

I'm actually not a big dyno fan but we have been having trouble with this new combo after the massive explosion last March. What I was after most is the rpm that it made peak HP. that turned out to be at 8200 and I was thinking it would be 1000/1500 rpm higher than that. I was actually having my driver shift at 9500 and that is way out of the range, both for the engine and the converter. It actually lost 84 HP at 9000. Now I can go back to my converter guy with new numbers and get the problem solved (I hope)
                  The C/R is 16.4. The cam opens the intake .930, exhaust .870.
                  Didn't really do any tuning, the dyno that I use is at sea level and we hardly ever get to a track that is anywhere near sea level. Dyno pulls are hard on parts and I found a long time ago dyno's don't ever show up on the starting line.
                  I think one of the hanger on's took a cell phone video but I'm not sure. I doubt I could figure out how to post it even if I did have it.

Comment

Nicely done 8)! ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by jfuelracer
                      What I was after most is the rpm that it made peak HP. that turned out to be at 8200 and I was thinking it would be 1000/1500 rpm higher than that. I was actually having my driver shift at 9500 and that is way out of the range, both for the engine and the converter. It actually lost 84 HP at 9000.
                      actually you were probably having him shift right, care to post the dyno graph, the trans (or ratios) and flash speed?

we were just going over this on another forum by chance,...

Comment

16.4:1? That, folks, is squozen!

;D

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

WoW! 1.5 lb. ft. of torque per cube!
                          I've never seen another N/A engine hit the number

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled
                            There was a half dozen of them doing that with 11.5:1 on pump gas at the Engine Masters!

Still, very impressive hp numbers. Just shows what a good set of those Pro Action heads are capable of. Really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
                              Originally posted by Aircooled
                              There was a half dozen of them doing that with 11.5:1 on pump gas at the Engine Masters!
                              Top specific torque number at the 2009 engine master was 1.35 ft. lbs. per cube. That's a long way off from 1.5

Comment

Working...
                              X