Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC Brake Pads

Howdy,

I just replaced the brake pads on my 2003 Lincoln LS with new EBC Red-Stuff Ceramic pads and now it squeals pretty bad. I also replaced the rotors with EBC rotors so I thought I'd be getting a total good package but since putting them on on Saturday and the normal commuting back and forth to work they've been horrible about the squealing. Yes I did use the CRC red stuff on all the contact areas but it doesn't seam to help. Anyone have this problem with these pad or have I missed something?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: EBC Brake Pads

I dont have any personal expeirience on my own vehicle but have put several sets on friend cars. I have done a few sets of green stuff and one set of yellow stuff. Each time we replaced the rotors. Did you follow the bedding process to ensure the pads were properly seated to the rotors?

Comment

the bedding proceedures listed on the pad box was pretty much "drive it gently" for 100miles. I'm only at 65miles now and its starting to vary as to the squealing. I'm also thinking I might have the slotted rotors on the wrong side. Are they supposed to go like this: ///// <-rotation or this: \\\\\ <-rotation?
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

The bedding process was drive it for 100 miles!!!!!!!! wow never heard that one before with performance pads. Usually you do several hard stops from different speeds all in a row usually 60mph 45mph and 35mph then a full cool down period after that. The slots on the rotors I have done are like this ///// but you might want to check with the manufacturer.

Comment

If it would stop snowing, yeah its snowing in Nashville, I'll probably do some progressive stops. These EBC pads have this Brake Check coating on them thats not smooth too. It did seam to improve with the BAER recommended 30 30 30 proceedure but I've only done about 10 30mph (or 45 to 15) stops as I'm never really in a place to just stand on it then sit for 30s.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Things are not as bad as they seem.

Read #3 ----------> http://www.ebcbrakes.com/assets/typicalq&a.html

Seems to cover your concerns. --- HTH ---

Comment

Working...
            X