2010 March Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 March Meet

Chassis Man;Ron,THANK YOU to you and your Dad and the rest that put on the great dinner Friday night for us low life sportsman racers!It was cool to see your dad made it to the semis in Hot Rod!! C-YA soon at good old Famoso,ROY.

Re: 2010 March Meet

Roy...your very welcome....we really enjoy all of the low life HOT ROD racers.....we've discussed many times pooling resources and stepping up to A/Gas or NEI ....hell the altered I bought already runs NEI ....but I know we'll never leave HOT ROD.....we love it down there.And it's because the best people in drag racing at the March Meet are in that class....and everytime we do a dinner we all get a little closer....looking forward to next years dinner....this year we served 116 meals....not bad....next year we'll hit that 200 for sure......C-YA in the lanes!!!!
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Glad you guys had fun. for us ( A/F, J/f and AA/G) this was the worse MM ever. Someone really needs to get this thing in order or call it off.

Comment

jr fuel;I have to agree,they need to do something.The B/G guys were in the lanes over 5 hours,WTF!!!! I feel they are trying to get in TOO many classes in too short a time frame,I realize TF and FC get the butts in the stands=MONEY,but at what expence to the rest of us.Maybe a 4 day event where the lower classes run Thursday-Friday,then run the upper classes qualifying on Saturday when the stands are full,race on Sunday. JMO,ROY.

Comment

Ron;there is a good photo of you and Eric with the Fiat on VCRides! I hope we can get past the flying hood now,especially now that we ran each other and I kept ALL the parts in and on my Comet!!!!! C-YA,ROY.

Comment

Originally posted by ROY
            Ron;there is a good photo of you and Eric with the Fiat on VCRides! I hope we can get past the flying hood now,especially now that we ran each other and I kept ALL the parts in and on my Comet!!!!! C-YA,ROY.
            ROY...thanks for the heads up on the pic...closest Eric will ever get to wheeling that thing.................MAYBE ;). I'm past the hood thing......that run went smooth.....so I trust you again.... ;D

Comment

In the interview with Bowser on Dragracing On line Bowser kinda said that the MM may go to 4 days. I think they maybe should have thought about that before letting 45 Funny Cars try to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by jfuelracer
                In the interview with Bowser on Dragracing On line Bowser kinda said that the MM may go to 4 days. I think they maybe should have thought about that before letting 45 Funny Cars try to qualify.
                Just about a givin it WILL be 4 days next year......especially since they will be adding N/RED into the mix...notice the lack of N/TF cars???....It's gotten so expensive no one wants to or can compete. Blake said we had the same amount of cars as usual.....but things happened to drag it out....namely...42 track oilers....

Comment

The same amount of cars but more of the oilers (F/C) poor conditions and a whole lot of miss management. The first MM that the Bowsers did was great, It has been down hill since then.

Comment

I feel the whole Nostalgia deal has lost sight of what started out as old racecars updated in safety gear,etc.Now it is all about MONEY!!! AA/G,A/G and even B/G is starting to look like Pro-Mod and the whole who can spend the most money deal is starting to take over!!!What is next,nostalgia super throttle-electronics class racing?!!! JMO,ROY.

Comment

The same amount of cars but more of the oilers (F/C) poor conditions and a whole lot of miss management. The first MM that the Bowsers did was great, It has been down hill since then.
                      I have to agree with you on that... I will say the first MM they ran was ok, but I still believe the the Goodguys ran a better program. Plus, when the Famoso management drove out the Goodguys, we lost our series( Nitro Nationals at Pomona, and the Fuel & Gas Finals back at Famoso) Don' get me started on that..... > Pomona is 15 minutes from my house...

Comment

I agree Goodguys did do a much better job. I loved going to Pomona and Vegas too. Going to Seattle was a bit trying but I went anyway. I think the secret was that Goodguys hired quality people to run the race. Bowsers seems to fall short in that department.

Comment

I agree Goodguys did do a much better job. I loved going to Pomona and Vegas too. Going to Seattle was a bit trying but I went anyway. I think the secret was that Goodguys hired quality people to run the race. Bowsers seems to fall short in that department.
                          The Bowsers ran the race back then too.....John Drummond was head of tech....as he is at the MM....same track crew cleans and preps the track....Dawn Bates is still the woman at Racers registration...all these people were in place when the GOODGUYS were there. The Goodguys car counts were in the 340-385 cars. The Bowsers have swelled the MM to 537 cars!!!....it's the numbers that make the show go slower.I've been involved with nostalgia drag racing for 21years...NDRA...ANRA..WCTA....GOODGUYS......and now NHRA HERITAGE SERIES. I was there when we had 60 cars TOTAL for the March Meet....and T/F was Digger Dan Horan push startin his iron 392 and making exihibtion runs in the 8's. The biggest fault and mistake the Bowsers have made is trying to include EVERYONE. Make it 400 cars MAX....your slow on the tree....your on the trailer.....my .02 worth.

Comment

Don't get me wrong.. I think the track personnel is fine, They were friendly and I have no problems with them at all. I had fun and will be back next year. I just think management has some issues...... and really, it's the loss of the Goodguys series that really p*sses me off.... I've attended March Meets since the early 80's when it was a Div 7 points meet ( I ran S/ST back then) and I'll continue attending.....

Comment

There may be some of the track people there but what happened to the class liaisons. They were a big part of keeping people informed. Not to mention that Tech went much smoother. This last MM the only guy doing house call tech was Norton. I told him I was ready Thursday morning at t10 and he finally got to us around 4:30. that's a lot of work for one guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X