1st Photo's of 1:18 Altered Wheelbase Ply's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Photo's of 1:18 Altered Wheelbase Ply's

A few minites ago we received an email from a manufacturer, Die Cast Promotions / Hwy 61. It contained a few pictures, and informed us the race day painted '65 Plymouth AWB samples arrived there today - and we are to get them tomorrow. I already see we need to do some adjustments... correct a few wheels, lighten some colors, shorten some injectors, but all that is posible to do. Don't worry, we will go over them - and be sure they are right. We're getting closer, but heck, what are your thoughts? Be nice now...

Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Re: 1st Photo's of 1:18 Altered Wheelbase Ply's

We received the pre-production samples today. I was only able to snap a few photo's of each on the 5 cars. You can go to our site to see the updated listings. Click on each car to see a 2nd or 3rd photo. Thanks for the read.

http://www.supercar1.com/catalog/ind..._description=1
    Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

The detail work on Supercar1 die cast are top notch.Looks like I may need to raid the piggy bank.

Comment

sweet!!
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I love it. It's about time someone did AWB cars. NOW, someone needs to do the very early Funny Cars that followed the AWB stuff. A few years ago I talked to one of the owners of 1320 at length, but nothing happened. They do an amazing job on the FE Diggers, but then followed with the oh so boring 70's Funny Cars. Vega's, Monza'a, and Arrow's......snore. Give us some Fast Eddie Schartman, Lutz & Lundberg, Kenz & Leslie, Dyno Don early stuff...............Hell, how about the E-Type Jag Funny Car (Snoopy)? Give us the good stuff. Anyway, Kudos on the AWB and Big Willie cars. BTW, I was at Big Willie's house last week, and he said the yellow car belonged to his baby brother
            STUGOTS

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. We would love to tackle more projects, but only have so much money to invest in all this new tooling. We do have orders for about 60+% of the 5 cars we're doing, but it's going to take abit more than that to make more cars. Some ad's are in National Dragster and Drag Illustrated so that should help some. With these samples arriving last Friday and posting the photo's, it helped snag a few more online orders. I just updated the Lee Smith car withOUT the hood scoop, as the sample did come with it on the car.

Heck, here's the other 4 cars too...

The way the drivers received them, skinny tires and all.

Even has the blue tinted side glass and headlights. The turn lamps won't be blue on the production units (that's why we ask for samples first). Had Torque Thrust mags on the front, Keystones in the rear - so the 1:18 version will too.

California Flash, always popular.

Melrose Missle to have the plain black wheels on the rear.

My job is fun...
              Jim T
              Supercar Collectibles
              www.Supercar1.com

Comment

I like these a lot... However, I'm partial to 1:25 scale since I grew up building lots of models. 1:18 is too big, but that's just me. These are very cool though.....

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience
                  I like these a lot... However, I'm partial to 1:25 scale since I grew up building lots of models. 1:18 is too big, but that's just me. These are very cool though.....
                  The 1:24 and 1:25 are cool no doubt. I've done the kit thing before, but right now do like the larger 1:18 scale though, so that's what we are going with. You never know, maybe these will be done in 1:25 some day? But just 1:18 right now.

We did update/correct some of the photo's today (05/18/10) so anyone interested check the link below. You can then click on each car to get more photo's and information. Later...

http://www.supercar1.com/catalog/ind..._description=1
                  Jim T
                  Supercar Collectibles
                  www.Supercar1.com

Comment

groucho, I did get your PM but for some reason could not reply to it. We are a full time comany specializing in 1:18 die cast. We handle new upcoming items made by Die Cast Promotions/Hwy 61, GMP, AutoART, GreenLight, Lane Exact Detail, Sun Star, plus many older harder to find 1:18 by many manufacturers. We also have some 1:18 die cast made especially for us, and then we distribute to hobby shops, toy vendors/dealers, and many collectors like yourself. So no we are not actually a manufacturer with a factory in china, but we do have some cars made just for us to distribute as I mentioned. The AWB cars is one project we are not doing wholesale on to the dealers, etc as we are trying to recoupe the (huge) new tooling expense as quickly as possible, so are only selling them at retail. We usually don't do this, but will be for the AWB project. I've probably over-answered your question, but wanted to be sure it's understood what kind of company we are. It's work, but fun work. Hope to see orders from you, with all our cars listed with prices at our online store. Thanks for the PM, and hope you don't mind I answered it here.

Comment

Working...
                    X