Ford changes HP & TRQ ratings on it's new 6.7 PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford changes HP & TRQ ratings on it's new 6.7 PS

Just saw an article in 4 Wheel & Off Road mag that Ford upgraded it's new 6.7 PS to 400 hp & 800 ftlbs! It also said that if you have the earlier 6.7 PS it's a simple software upgrade that they will do for FREE

Wonder what GM is going to do with the Duramax?
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Ford changes HP & TRQ ratings on it's new 6.7 PS

GM's leaving it be. They just challenged Ford to a towing shootout and Ford declined. GM wasd playing the underdog card saying that the Ford had more hp/tq, but it is a no go.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

so instead of fords being in the dealership for the engine it'll now be the tranny

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        so instead of fords being in the dealership for the engine it'll now be the tranny
        that is the one that went .68 final?

I remember reading this and laughing. for years .75 was the finals.... I have 1781cc and 2500 pounds that has had .78 for 30 years. Very odd mismatch on the diesel behalf. I could assume it was materials not strong enough, and old rockheads refusing to let go.. kinda like "live axles for everybody" :

glad to see this stuff. I still want an old one.. just for the cost they dipped down to. ;)
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

we have a betting pool at my dealer i have 20,000 miles is when they start failing ;D

i do love the 6.7L though. much easier to work on then a 6.0 and 6.4 and it will not fit in the econolines so no more diesel ambulances yay!!! ;D

Comment

Did anyone see where a streamliner at Bonneville yesterday went 337 mph powered by a single Duramax. Supposedly running 120psi of boost! That is faster than the English streamliner Andy Green drove a few years ago that supposedly cost $12,000,000.

Jim

Comment

was told this a few months ago by my field rep who was in our dealership, but then he told me that the v6 mustang walks away from the v8 /stick shift Camaros.... I only believed the Diesel story.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

freakin homers , don't you see the general is still in the hands of evil ? won't be much of hp race if GM is stuck in 2008 mode
                you can melt down all of Dmaxxs for all I care ...

Comment

Can't wait to see all the problems Ford will be fixing.

My one friend is still going round and round with Ford because his '08 PowerStroke overheats, it's been going on for over a year now. And the funny thing is I know what the problem is, since one of my Tenants has an '08 powerstroke that had the same problem and they fixed it. You would think that the Ford engineers they are flying out here would communicate with each other, but for whatever reason the guy dealing with his truck hasn't decide to do the "HEAD GASKETS". Ford spent over $18,000 tracking down the overheating problem on my Tenants truck. You would think that they would pass that information on. : Worst part is my Buddy that is still fighting with them is driving around in a truck that Ford "detuned" in an attempt to prevent it from overheating, fastest he can go up hill pulling his 5th wheel is 45mph, when his brother pulls the same size 5th wheel with his Duramax at 70mph. Even my Tenants says his '01 Duramax will spank his '08 PowerStroke. Needless to say he's going to be selling his '08 PowerStroke before anything else goes wrong. Oh and by the way it is a minimum 4 days every time they take their trucks to the Ford Dealer, because the only way you can work on a Power Stoke is to remove the cab. And then when they put the cabs back on they don't hook half the stuff up like is it suppose to be, you know hoses and wiring harnesses flopping in the wind. It was fun every time my Tenant got his truck back form the dealer, we would pop the hood and crawl under the truck and make a list of everything that wasn't put back to factory condition. Worst one was when they only put one bolt back in the clutch fan and it loosened up and took out the radiator. Ooooppssss. :o

After the nightmare my friends are having with their ford trucks and the crappy workmanship from the dealers here, I wouldn't drive a ford if they gave one to me.

Comment

they don't want to pay to fix them , so the factory gets mad customers and mechanics

nobody wants to do trannys or diesels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                      Can't wait to see all the problems Ford will be fixing.

My one friend is still going round and round with Ford because his '08 PowerStroke overheats, it's been going on for over a year now. And the funny thing is I know what the problem is, since one of my Tenants has an '08 powerstroke that had the same problem and they fixed it. You would think that the Ford engineers they are flying out here would communicate with each other, but for whatever reason the guy dealing with his truck hasn't decide to do the "HEAD GASKETS". Ford spent over $18,000 tracking down the overheating problem on my Tenants truck. You would think that they would pass that information on. : Worst part is my Buddy that is still fighting with them is driving around in a truck that Ford "detuned" in an attempt to prevent it from overheating, fastest he can go up hill pulling his 5th wheel is 45mph, when his brother pulls the same size 5th wheel with his Duramax at 70mph. Even my Tenants says his '01 Duramax will spank his '08 PowerStroke. Needless to say he's going to be selling his '08 PowerStroke before anything else goes wrong. Oh and by the way it is a minimum 4 days every time they take their trucks to the Ford Dealer, because the only way you can work on a Power Stoke is to remove the cab. And then when they put the cabs back on they don't hook half the stuff up like is it suppose to be, you know hoses and wiring harnesses flopping in the wind. It was fun every time my Tenant got his truck back form the dealer, we would pop the hood and crawl under the truck and make a list of everything that wasn't put back to factory condition. Worst one was when they only put one bolt back in the clutch fan and it loosened up and took out the radiator. Ooooppssss. :o

After the nightmare my friends are having with their ford trucks and the crappy workmanship from the dealers here, I wouldn't drive a ford if they gave one to me.
                      that is not entirly fords fault and almost went bank rupted becuase of all the issues the 6.0 and 6.4 had. navistar internation was the supplier of the engines and built them (they where designed by a europian company part of the issue right there) ford just bought them.

the 6.7L is the first diesel ford has designed and built for there trucks

for not being put back together that is entirly the dealers fualt that would not fly at my work and some would be out of a job for that half assed BS

Comment

well , a first time diesel for ford , we shall see
                        not like diesels are a problem yuk yuk

Comment

Working...
                        X