• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part two is up!

Cars in Barns in Vermont PART TWO

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
    www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Hoarders I hate them. They have driven the prices out of reality. I can have a newer Harley for the price of a Mopar that needs restoring. Its ashame because with the quality repo parts on the market these days the hobby should be flourishing.

Comment

This is a prime example of how a person can take something of value and turn it into something worth little to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
          DO NOT TELL WHERE AND WHO THIS GUY IS. HE DOES NOT WANT TO HAVE HIS LOCATION PUBLISHED. JUST THE PICTURES TO SHOW WHAT HE HAS. IF YOU KNOW, DON'T SAY.
          I doubt many people run around "outing" strangers addresses online but thanks for the allcaps instructions.
          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Part Three is up. Too tired to answer questions. I will finish up tomorrow.

Comment

You have part 2 on that blog twice.

Comment

That's odd, doesn't come up twice on my computers. Nor does it show has posting twice on the blog count on the site. I'll take a look into it.

Comment

after reading these post, Hoarders, what a waste,etc..
                  I'll bet most of those where junk before anyone cared about these cars.. remember at one time they where "just" used cars.
                  cars nobody wanted because of the 70's gas surply issues.. by the early 80's when a "few" models started to take off. most of whats there, was already junk..
                  believe me, people like my dad would've bought every 50 buck junker and parked in a empty warehouse if they knew or ever thought. this junk would be in the demand it is today..
                  the guy with an ls6 chevelle didn't think twice about the air cleaner as it hit the deep six pyle.. thats is now a 4-5000.00 part
                  it's so easy to say now TODAY . that it's a shame that they are out unitbody framerails now one with dirt.. but at a time no one wanted this things.. they where just another car.. no one has a crystal ball ..
                  Last edited by Stich496; May 12, 2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                    That's odd, doesn't come up twice on my computers. Nor does it show has posting twice on the blog count on the site. I'll take a look into it.
                    Maybe im doing it wrong, but when I hit the first link on the first post it takes me right to part 3. No matter neat pics anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                      after reading these post, Hoarders, what a waste,etc..
                      I'll bet most of those where junk before anyone cared about these cars.. remember at one time they where "just" used cars.
                      cars nobody wanted because of the 70's gas surply issues.. by the early 80's when a "few" models started to take off. most of whats there, was already junk..
                      believe me, people like my dad would've bought every 50 buck junker and parked in a empty warehouse if they knew or ever thought. this junk would be in the demand it is today..
                      the guy with an ls6 chevelle didn't think twice about the air cleaner as it hit the deep six pyle.. thats is now a 4-5000.00 part
                      it's so easy to say now TODAY . that it's a shame that they are out unitbody framerails now one with dirt.. but at a time no one wanted this things.. they where just another car.. no one has a crystal ball ..

Still does not change the fact that it is a waste and he is a hoarder....

all the good cars just sitting there...wasting away..in sheds and leaky barns...never to be driven or enjoyed...I feel the same about car museums and most every other large collection out there...
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yes he is a hoarder, and if he hadn't, most of these cars would have been crushed long ago!

One last blog about my adventure last week.

Comment

Ryan, probably would be less painful if they were crushed long ago. It would save the agony of watching them get crushed today.

Hopefully some of them get saved.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That's true. But then I wouldn't have the fun of discovering them!

And he does sell stuff, but doesn't ship and isn't on the internet, doesn't have a computer. Will only sell local. So that is a very limited market. So stuff slowly goes away.... very, very slowly.

Ryan

Comment

Well looks like I won't be investigating this area any further, I will not be moving to Vermont.

Comment

that's a bummer if it means you didn't get the job you were after..
                                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X