Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not quite a classic but older than most.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite a classic but older than most.

I have a 1986 C10 Silverado that has two gas tanks that both need replaced. I have a Classic Industries catalog with lots of good stuff in it but seems a bit pricey. I tried JC Whitney online and they went to some computer /robot chat that pointed me in the wrong direction. Who is a good source of reroduction parts for my truck with reasonable pricing? Thanks, Scott

LMC hands down IMO, Ive used them on a number of occasions and never had a problem, BS Brian has used them also for Goliath
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

LMC truck has been great to deal with and I've dealt with them a lot this year!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I got my gas tank for my Fury from Rock Auto...good price, shipped fast and seems to be of good quality.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Try these guys.
          Last edited by sedandelivery55; May 22, 2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I have an 86 Chevy and I buy a lot of its parts from Rockauto.com. They don't have the selection of LMC, but they are quite a bit cheaper. Mine has the 6.2 diesel in it and they have more parts for it than LMC though.

Comment

LMC it is then. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Seems I replied too quick. I'll check in to Rock Auto. Thanks. Yeah, I have the LMC catalogs but they seem a bit steep.

Comment

you replacing both tanks or just one for now ?
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    you replacing both tanks or just one for now ?

and rid the oem catalyst while you are at it.

the next tanks will last forever. I know that year very well..involuntarily, and it is a unique problem.. don't laugh, an 87 subaru gains the same phenomena. it is generational. I hope the egr is just an ornament.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

rockauto
                      lmc (pricey)
                      brothers

year one
                      goodmark 149.oo-190.oo depending on....

thats all I can think of untill I get to my computer , and my bookmarks

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                        LMC hands down IMO, Ive used them on a number of occasions and never had a problem, BS Brian has used them also for Goliath
                        Another vote for LMC. I've used them a few times in the past and the parts have been good quality and the pricing was always good.

RockAuto is awesome and hands down my favorite, but they may not have a fuel tank for your application.
                        Last edited by daved931; May 23, 2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Thank's guys. Just registered at Rock Auto. They have what I need And the price i right. Lots of cool info on that site. My cousin has a Napa Auto Care Center and gets great prices but Rock Auto was bettter.

Comment

Working...
                          X