Feeling All Gitty Like a Little Kid on X-mas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling All Gitty Like a Little Kid on X-mas

Just got these today, they are the all new AFR 220cc Eliminator Heads, that use conventional L98 valvetrain components and flows over 300cfm at .500 lift. They are the 75cc chambered ones with 2.1 intake and 1.6 exhaust valves and have the all new LS1 style lightweight valvetrain with 8mm valves, lightweight springs, matching retainers and solid roller springs which are good for .710 max lift. And they are fully CNC ported.

My twin turbo motor just got a lot closer to my 1200hp goal.....

Last edited by TC; May 25, 2011, 02:56 PM.

Is that similar to feeling giddy?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Is that similar to feeling giddy?

It sure is!!!!!!!

Comment

Good! I'd hate to think you feel like a git after buying new heads (look up "git" in a British dictionary)
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Good! I'd hate to think you feel like a git after buying new heads (look up "git" in a British dictionary)
          Now I know how BlackOutSteve felt when he was talking about "Burning Rubbers".....

Comment

wow.

I did not know that existed..and there is a photo.

is that as big as it gets? I never even heard "2.1" before.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
              wow.

I did not know that existed..and there is a photo.

is that as big as it gets? I never even heard "2.1" before.
              Ya they are the biggest 23 degree heads AFR makes that uses stock valvetrain components. Even though I plan on using a set of Jesel shaft rockers. My main thing was a head that flowed over 300cfm at .500-.600 lift since that is where I want the lift on my cam to be... And ya the 2.1 is pretty big, I'm sure it's got be the biggest they can fit in there......or at least close to it.....

Comment

why you hung up on flow, you are use'n a turbo(or a pair) THE FLOW uNDER VACUUM isn't gonna mean much as the air is pushed in,

Comment

Aw heck my engines come stock with a 2.11 intake and 1.77 exhausts.. and 14 degree valve inclination! and an air gap intake too!

Seriously though, those are nice heads, and 300 at .500 lift is pretty darn good for sbc heads. With some forced air that should be one hell of a serious engine. What block you using under them?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                    Aw heck my engines come stock with a 2.11 intake and 1.77 exhausts.. and 14 degree valve inclination! and an air gap intake too!

Seriously though, those are nice heads, and 300 at .500 lift is pretty darn good for sbc heads. With some forced air that should be one hell of a serious engine. What block you using under them?
                    I'm looking at a Dart Little M block, billet 4 bolt caps on all the mains, 4.125 bore, 350 mains, and roller cam bearings.

Comment

NICE PIECES!

Man, dem's some heads. You are certainly piecing together one mean bastard of an engine here.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        NICE PIECES!

Man, dem's some heads. You are certainly piecing together one mean bastard of an engine here.

Brian
                        You know Brian, you only live once.

And the good thing is you guys are going to see it all come together right here. As for the plan this is going to go in an '80 Monte Carlo, it's going to be backed by a TCI 6 speed auto with a 4000 stall and will have a Moser Fab 9 rear end......One mean bastard, Indeed........

As far as goal, hoping to run Daily Driver at DragWeek in a couple of years........
                        Last edited by TC; May 25, 2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

why not dump it in that f body you already own

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                            why not dump it in that f body you already own
                            Because an F-body doesn't look like a Monte Carlo....... And I'm not thinking they are going to let me run the Daily Driver class with a Tubbed car...... Plus there at tons of aftermarket parts for these cars and they can be made to hook VERY well.....

Forget the paint job, but this is how I'd like it to sit.....
                            Last edited by TC; May 25, 2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I'm totally jealous you got those heads. I'd kill for out of the box 210's. AFR has even bigger monster sbc heads, their 245 series, that flow over 335 cfm. Twelve years ago Brodix big bad BBC heads flowed that. Egad!!

PS. I always liked the lines of the '78-80 Montes. Those rounded rear wheel openings leave room for monster meaty tires back there.
                              Last edited by Scott Liggett; May 25, 2011, 10:05 PM.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X