I want one (or two)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one (or two)

Friend of mine sent me this link , and how could I not shear it with you lot , have fun

/www.bigasstrux.com I do hope this is not a re post

It's been a while. Our fearless leader goes over there and drools. Now personally, there's really only one big-ass truck that does it for me...

Stewart and Stevenson M1078A2. This is the civillian version I can't believe they built.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

those are parked at armory

Comment

Oh, I know. I also know what they are capable of actually doing (I've done everything but roll one over).
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            The government used these exact trucks (FWDs dating from around 1910-1915) to chase Pancho Villa back in the day!

The didn't catch Pancho, but the trucks were really helpful and took all the abuse and punishment Pershing and his men threw at them. Imagine how awful that thing rides! Makes ol' Goliath seem like a Caddy!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I am still liking this hack job.

nissan terramog

alot of welding. unimog axles under a nissan chassis.

instead of drooling over a 50 year old past... just freaking make something.

put the stigma of dainty inspections back into the closet.

I was pondering a live axle in an old subaru, leave the front end independent, like a gm truck... but found piles of the little r-series diffs for $75 delivered. many versions.. may as well stay a miniature animal.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Got my "Big Ass Truck" already.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You should probably chock the left front wheel, if you think of it. That way, Goliath can't go off on an adventure of his own and knock down all of your neighbors' houses!
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My friend Matt has one, 1981 GMC 7000 5 ton 4x4.
                    The thread says 2 1/2 ton but Matt corrected me & told me it's a 5 ton...

It has a Rockwell in the front & a HUGE Eaton rear axle w/7.17 gear ratio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10769.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	856125

He plans to shorten the frame, toss a dually bed on it & paint it Army green.

Comment

Working...
                    X