Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastrana Broken ..Will Miss First Nationwide Race

Travis [not junior ] Pastrana
    Action sports star Travis Pastrana crashed on back-to-back "TP Roll" attempts Thursday night in X Games 17 Moto X Best Trick, ending the Pastranathon during its first event. Pastrana, who was taken off on a stretcher and transported to a hospital for X-rays, broke his right foot and ankle, according to medical officials working with ESPN. He was discharged from the hospital Thursday night. The injury will require surgery at a later date, Pastrana's planned NASCAR debut on Saturday will be put on hold. He is also out of the X Games. "I am sorry this happened and will be back in action as soon as I can. I look forward to Pastranathon 2012 at X Games 18," Pastrana told ESPN following his release from the hospital. Going into the X Games, Pastrana had planned to compete in Best Trick and Freestyle on Thursday and Friday, fly to Indianapolis to make his NASCAR Nationwide debut Saturday, then return to Los Angeles to compete in RallyCross on Sunday. X Games 17 will be the first X event since 2002 that Pastrana has been out of medal contention. Pastrana crashed while attempting the corked 720 that had made him a gold medal favorite in Best Trick. Riders usually get one shot each round at throwing tricks, but Pastrana tried the 720 twice after under-rotating the first time. His second attempt ended in identical fashion and he immediately grabbed his lower leg as medical staff rushed to his side on the landing ramp.

That dude has gotta learn to schedule his crashes the week AFTER his nascar rides.
    Last edited by Caveman Tony; July 29, 2011, 03:26 PM.
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

he is not long for this earth , I hope he has money in the bank , red bull is a bunch of cheapskates

Comment

I was watching it on espn when it happened (ima x-games junky) I cant believe he tried it again right after crashing the first time, kinda stupid imo doing best trick 2 days before a Nationwide race
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

stuntman

Comment

It's amazing he can even ride a bike with balls that big.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

that guy don't need more broken bones.

"I don't remember most of the injuries, there have been too many." -travis pastrana

that is on his wikipedia page. lol.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

should be a good race tonight ..IRP is a fun track

Comment

Working...
                X