Who Wants to Buy Our Yard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants to Buy Our Yard?

It's been a pretty warm winter here in eastern TN. It's 58 degrees right now and pouring down rain, pounding the roof rain, the sattellite TV is disabled. I mean pouring. Warm rain.

Our yard is weeds. It's not a big yard. An established subdivision with sidewalks. Our yard pollutes all the others around us with weed seeds. Even during the freezing temps, the weeds have been been able to grow.

It's been above freezing for a couple days now, and we have purple and yellow flowers, and ankle-deep who-know-what green stuff.

We're a magnet for the door-to-door lawn care guys. DING-DONG....."Hello, I see you have a few weeds here, we can....." Yeah sure you can. But when I cut it all with the lawnmower, it looks just like grass for a few days until it all grows back again.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but our yard sure looks like a blight to the neighborhood until I go and buy a battery for the riding mower and demoralize the weeds for a little while.

But it's raining. The yard is not quite like the roof - if the roof is leaking, if it's raining you can't fix it, and if it's not raining, it doesn't need fixed.....

EDIT: My oxcart of thought completely tipped over - the bottom line is we'd love to keep the house but sell the yard.
    Last edited by pdub; March 8, 2012, 06:48 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

your 58 was better than mine today.

I am still standing on a glacier, slicked up in the sun...

I'd buy the yard if I can live in it. setup camp, keg parties and stuff.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Weeds and clover is all that grows out front here and the deer eat the clover so weeds is pretty much all thats left. I don't spend a lot on lawn mower gas.
      Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Working...
      X