Kurt Busch Is A Real Favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Busch Is A Real Favorite

Newman, Busch called to NASCAR hauler after Darlington race: Several of #39-Ryan Newman's crewmen confronted #51-Kurt Busch on Saturday night at Darlington Raceway following an ill-advised decision by Busch to do a burnout through Newman's pit box. After Busch had a flat tire and crashed with six laps remaining - an incident which also collected Newman - the Phoenix Racing driver lost his cool and began yelling on the team radio. When Busch completed his pit stop to fix damage shortly after the wreck, he & did a loud, angry burnout while leaving his pit box. The burnout startled fans in the stands and put up a huge plume of smoke, an expression of Busch's frustration at a promising night gone bad. But while doing the burnout, Busch drove through Newman's pit box as well - and several Newman crew members were still over the wall after recently completing service on the #39 car. Among the angry crewmen was Newman's gas man, Andy Rueger, who went to the #51 hauler to await Busch's arrival. Rueger planned to confront Busch immediately after the race. But Busch's team knew Newman's crew was upset, and so crew chief Nick Harrison instructed Busch to stop at the entrance of pit road and leave the car there instead. The driver was livid on the radio and had been screaming obscenities during the final few laps, and the team felt it would be a good idea for him just to get off the track. Words were exchanged between the crewmen and Busch, and a NASCAR official fell onto Busch's hood in the process. Though contact with Rueger sparked the official's tumble, NASCAR's Robin Pemberton said the official just lost his footing. It's unclear whether NASCAR will issue any penalties in this situation. If NASCAR feels its official tumbled onto the hood on his own, then Newman's gas man could go unpunished.(SB Nation)
    AND: #39-Ryan Newman had strong words for #51-Kurt Busch after their incident Saturday night. Here's what Newman told [Dustin Long] in a one-on-one conversation about the incident:

he is growing on me

Comment

Like a cancer.....
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

More WWF action.....
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Busch hit the wall initially because his tire was flat. apparently he was unable to figure that out as he went into the next turn with an almost full head of steam and then (Too late now, brilliant...) fully realized that he was in over his head, and spun out coming off that turn... I am mystified by this. Why did he do that? he took out other cars for no reason. he should have been down on the apron by the middle of the previous straight. all he did was cost himself a boatload of money (and others) - and then the burnout? is it just that he's immature? isn't he the owner of that 51? He can obviously drive, and i guess i am ticked because i usually root for the underdog and he has had some really good runs lately, but can't seem to close the deal, and its usually due to his own decisions....

as for newman's overwieght crewmember trying to push his way past the official...well... that's WWF style action, and not acceptable in my book,,,, although Very entertaining! Didn't Newman get bumped from behind causing him to spin out and into the inside wall... that was no fault of busch - really - so that crewmember was just mad cause he witnessed a burnout at close range....? it don't make sense.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Someone should round off the point on his head.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

A video of the angry gas man. Not a tiny dude. I don't think they caught the burnout on camera.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

looks like a lot of macaroni and cheese served before the race

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  looks like a lot of macaroni and cheese served before the race

And a few sausage biscuits, too. If anything is going to boost NASAR's popularity, it's gotta be something like that. That'll sell maybe 5 more tickets to the next race, wherever it is. It's a shame. It used to be about drivers who mortgaged their house to build a car. Themselves. With THEIR hands and tools.
                  Last edited by pdub; May 13, 2012, 05:22 PM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

yeah ..the crewman used to look like stress bunnies as they worked over 100 hours in the shop building the cars , then drove the car in the ramp truck to the track , , the week before the race ..changing tires on race day was the fun part
                    raceday kids in the pits are undrafted former SEC football players now

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      yeah ..the crewman used to look like stress bunnies as they worked over 100 hours in the shop building the cars , then drove the car in the ramp truck to the track , , the week before the race ..changing tires on race day was the fun part
                      raceday kids in the pits are undrafted former SEC football players now
                      That's so true. When I was traveling for a living, flying from Charlotte to Birmingham and back, Mondays and Fridays, there was a crew of folks who were doing the same thing. We were on the same flights, every time. They were doing some kind of fancy work in the Birmingham area. All I heard is what I overheard, sitting at the gate on both ends.

It was interesting that the folks on that team didn't seem to know a lot about each other, from their conversations with each other. One of the folks in the traveling troupe was a very pretty young lady. Her husband was a member of Jimmie Johnson's pit crew.

One of her coworkers asked her, "How did your husband get to know so much about cars?"

She said, "He doesn't know a thing about cars, he's just very athletic. He's a tire changer on the pit crew."
                      Last edited by pdub; May 13, 2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

What I love about this stuff is that you can go to any short track in America and see guys beat the shit out of one another every weekend. Guess what happens at the small tracks when stuff like this goes down? Everyone gets out of the way until the two aggrieved parties are tuckered out or one has had his junk knocked into the dirt.

I personally witnessed two guys at Lebanon Valley Speedway throwing box end wrenches at one another in the pits one night when I was hanging out after announcing the drag races.

FYI Peewee....99% of stock car racing is still about exactly what you mentioned. You watch the tip of the sewing needle on TV but the real fun is happening at hundreds of bull rings across the country every weekend.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gasman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	861931

the laughing gas man. so angry.

haha.
                          "laughing gas" ...man.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            What I love about this stuff is that you can go to any short track in America and see guys beat the shit out of one another every weekend. Guess what happens at the small tracks when stuff like this goes down? Everyone gets out of the way until the two aggrieved parties are tuckered out or one has had his junk knocked into the dirt.

I personally witnessed two guys at Lebanon Valley Speedway throwing box end wrenches at one another in the pits one night when I was hanging out after announcing the drag races.

FYI Peewee....99% of stock car racing is still about exactly what you mentioned. You watch the tip of the sewing needle on TV but the real fun is happening at hundreds of bull rings across the country every weekend.
                            Brian, I'm not talking about the bull rings. I've been to a few of those, too, dirt circles.

The guys on TV are who I'm talking about. Okay, never mind. Yeah, we're on the same page.

Comment

dale jr gets over 40 mil a year from pepsico

Comment

Working...
                              X