Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone R&R an FE head without removing the intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone R&R an FE head without removing the intake?

I do on SBC's all the time. Can it be done on an FE? What R the tricks? Thanks
    STUGOTS

anything CAN be done, as you know-however SHOULD you do it? the oil leak at the corner of the intake will make you hate not taking everything apart the first time........at least that has been my experience
    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

You would be a better man than me, FE heads surely isnt light,for just a few minutes more and a cleaner job I would take the intake off. Like Scott said, that corner will get ya.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
        You would be a better man than me, FE heads surely isnt light,for just a few minutes more and a cleaner job I would take the intake off. Like Scott said, that corner will get ya.
        Since the pushrods go thru the intake the heads are kinda small looking for a big block. I guess I'll next need to ask how much one of those heads weighs
        STUGOTS

Comment

FE Heads are light...it's the bleeping intake that kills ya!
          Thought of it myself... Never tried... Heard of it done... How? Don't know!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            FE Heads are light...it's the bleeping intake that kills ya!
            Thought of it myself... Never tried... Heard of it done... How? Don't know!
            AGREED. I use my cherry picker for those intakes. A fast Google shows an FE head a bit heavier than a SBC head and much lighter than a BBC head. So, I might be OK if I don't break any bolts removing the exh manifold
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
              AGREED. I use my cherry picker for those intakes. A fast Google shows an FE head a bit heavier than a SBC head and much lighter than a BBC head. So, I might be OK if I don't break any bolts removing the exh manifold
              Lots of PB Blaster.. even then.... Good luck..
              Keep us posted

Comment

Hell it could have just been me, but I was leaning over a Lincoln Town Car , that was at least 4' to reach out. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

did it on olds 307 engines

Comment

bump
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                    X