COPO Camaro assembly pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COPO Camaro assembly pictures...

COPO Camaros are coming together...Nice!

THE BLOCK offers a wide array of articles, wallpaper downloads, event schedules, and more to get the most out of Chevrolet news. Click to get started!
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

That's pretty damn cool..........I'll take one
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Oops! you're too late....

I was reading the story in Hot Rod today. Neat cars. Imagine, an new chevy with a 2 speed auto trans, just like when I was a kid.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Oops! you're too late....

I was reading the story in Hot Rod today. Neat cars. Imagine, an new chevy with a 2 speed auto trans, just like when I was a kid.
        Let's call it a Power Glide
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

now we have us a race

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Let's call it a Power Glide
            We could, but the trans doesn't have any GM parts in it, right?
            Last edited by squirrel; June 18, 2012, 09:18 PM.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

I have never seen the shell of any camaro.

My eyes beelined to old problems to see what they did...as a welder of things that break in half.

the double floor span under seat, forward inner wheel well , two ribs.
              squared tunnel.
              the lower door edge rear...and extra rib, and made to look like a curve outside

Nice stuff.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Now about that rear end, can we call it a 9"?
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Yeah, it has a 9" ring gear, but we can't call it a Ford 9". It's a Strange 9"
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

I have one of those Strange 9" too. That the parts all interchange with Ford's 9" is just coincidence ;P

Those pictures are a clinic in how to stiffen up a current factory unibody. Big subframe connectors, and that square tube that connects the back of the rockers across the tunnel and ties into the cage at six points behind the main hoop. Its fun to see what the automotive engineers who really know the paltform come up with; I'll bet those cars are billit stff.
                    Last edited by CDMBill; June 19, 2012, 03:48 PM.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The Camaro has a 9" axle called a Strange 9", the same as the Mustang is available with a 2 speed automatic called a Ford transmission.

We are watching the build carefully, car #19 is coming to Lingenfelter.
                      If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
                        The Camaro has a 9" axle called a Strange 9", the same as the Mustang is available with a 2 speed automatic called a Ford transmission.

That would be a C2 as I understand it.

We are watching the build carefully, car #19 is coming to Lingenfelter.
                        Can't wait for the tree way heads up races in AA or AAA or what ever new classes these cars are in.

Comment

57 olds rear

Comment

#007, red 427 car delivered yesterday, went to Norwalk, Ohio last night and hit 10.11/136 at A/SA weight on an easy shakedown pass
                            67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                            05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Working...
                            X