Flyin high,and fast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyin high,and fast.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Oh, hell no.

I have nightmares less impressive than that.
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

In a friggin heartbeat! That would be amazing to do!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

wild.

feet from the surface. somebody is really correct with math and glideslope.

I'd rather climb it in a home made airplane.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's the kind of stuff lots of thrill seekers dream of, and it makes for video that takes everyone else's breath away.

My question is, how do you learn to do that without getting killed the first time?

I mean, I busted my ass over and over trying to do indoor skydiving in Pigeon Forge TN years ago, with the giant propeller blowing air straight up such that you were supposed to be able to hover and move around and cut flips and fly back up in the chamber and have a lot of fun. And I saw folks do it - that's the sell - look at how much fun that is! (Folks who are practiced at it)

Hell yeah, I wanna try. Got tossed to the wall in the air chamber and fell into the cushions every time, crash. After three minutes in my 20's of trying that, I was sore for days, landing hard on the padded cushions.

So, I've got this bird-man suit on, and I'll jump off of this cliff...sure hope this works.

How do you practice for that?
            Last edited by pdub; July 2, 2012, 09:07 AM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Jump out of planes first until you get a feel for what you can do and what the limits are. Open sky is a lot easier to navigate than 5 feet off the ground at over 100mph.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                Jump out of planes first until you get a feel for what you can do and what the limits are. Open sky is a lot easier to navigate than 5 feet off the ground at over 100mph.
                Oh.

Okay. That's why the rest of us watch in awe.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I read an article about a guy that frequently does that that wants to jump out of a plane without any wingsuit or parachute, just jeans and a t-shirt. It sounds crazy until you read to closer to the end where he plans on landing on a slope covered in snow, like an ungroomed ski slope. He believes, after years doing the gliding in the wingsuit, that he can maneuver his body enough to slow his descent down to a certain mph (don't remember the number, like 24 or something), and hit the snow covered slop. After reading the article and his thought process with the numbers, I believe he could do it. It's crazy to think that someone could survive jumping out of a plane with nothing but jeans and a t-shirt to slow their descent.

I'd love to skydive someday, and actually planned to in high school with 2 of my friends after we all turned 18, until we figured out it'd cost $800 until we got to the point of jumping ourselves. After that, I'd be able to make a more accurate judgement if I'd do it. It would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X