Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel to Wheel Powertrain going under.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel to Wheel Powertrain going under.....

WOW!! I just read that on another forum, seems it has been confirmed by someone who knows Kurt Urban... I'm sure David can back that up if its true, but it seems like it is.. I got to know Kurt a little through the HR events, always seemed like a nice guy willing to help in any way he could. He has a lot of passion, I wish him the best...

Re: Wheel to Wheel Powertrain going under.....

Kurt just worked there didn't he? Seem to remember that the higher ups at wheel to wheel wanting him to beautify the car before it went public. ( Nova )

Comment

I'll take a drive by there and see what's going on.

Comment

Kurt parted company with those guys a little while back.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was laid off over 2 weeks ago with 20 other people. The company that bought W2W in January is the number cruncher types so the writing was on the wall. The president of our company was the last remaining original owner, and he walked out a while back when he and the new owners did not see eye to eye. The cut backs from the car company's has caused some of it, but a few other things went on in the background.
          We built some killer cars in the old days, so I left with some great memories and I expect to make some new ones.

Kurt

Comment

It's the people not the company, and Kurt is one of the good ones. Met him first at DW06 with my buddy and his El Camino. I've seen and talked to him a few times since. He's always friendly and helpful, if you need it.

I'd watch for big things from him.
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
              Kurt just worked there didn't he? Seem to remember that the higher ups at wheel to wheel wanting him to beautify the car before it went public. ( Nova )

SLAP THEM ACROSS THE FACE IF THEY DID THAT!!!! that nova is PERFECT just like the F-Bomb is.Those 2 cars in your garage and you wouldnt need anything else except a 240+mph roadster

Comment

Kurt... Bummer ...

For the rest of you who don't know Kurt... he's one of the most honest stand up guys I've ever known... He owned his own junk before this gig... and will land on his feet wonderfully no matter what the outcome of W2W...

If you want the best in engine performance.... and live Detroit... Find Kurt.. that simple!!!

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by 427
                  I was laid off over 2 weeks ago with 20 other people. The company that bought W2W in January is the number cruncher types so the writing was on the wall. The president of our company was the last remaining original owner, and he walked out a while back when he and the new owners did not see eye to eye. The cut backs from the car company's has caused some of it, but a few other things went on in the background.
                  We built some killer cars in the old days, so I left with some great memories and I expect to make some new ones.

Kurt
                  Your story reminds me of my last year in the Auto industry Kurt. But I sure wish I had all the great records, stories, and incredible builds under my belt that you do...!!

Good luck landing safe employment, your skills and experience should get you in the door and started on the next great stories in your life, I am sure.

Keep us posted,
                  -scott
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Kurt -
                    I'm not sure where you live in the metro Deetroit area -- but you may want to talk to the guys at Livernois - they seem to have enough contracts with Ford to keep them busy more often than not - and they also seem to have a good bunch of guys working there - I don't know any of them well, but the ones I've interacted with seem to be straight up.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'll second that, Livernois is about the most straight up crew around. If anybody needs anything from them, I work about 4 miles away.
                      DJ

Comment

Me too!
                        we must be darned near neighbors!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am sure all will be well. I will still be working with engines, mostly LS versions at my own place like the old days.....
                          One of our engine builders is working over at Livernois now, they are some good guys.

Kurt

Comment

don't worry kurt , everybody is closing down
                            us guys who actually do the work will be okay ... it's our support staff I worry about

Comment

So I know this is kinda off topic and has been said a million times, but...

Kurt, that Nova is the single coolest car I have ever seen. If I could magically have any car in the world, it would be that one. Good luck with everything.

Jas

Comment

Working...
                              X