Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest toy

And it's not hot rod related.
    I've always enjoyed espressos but could never do a good job of making them.
    Went through several machines then found this one.
    Nespresso Lattissima.........and it's the tits!
    Made in Italy.........not China.

Uses those small pods........they're half the price of Starbucks and everybit as good.
    My wife says drugs would probably be cheaper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	espresso a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	879320
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

very cool! I have a couple from years back but they are not very good...I have seen some small units from Italy and have heard they are quite good...those wacky Eye-tail-yins sure can make some good coffee machines.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      very cool! I have a couple from years back but they are not very good...I have seen some small units from Italy and have heard they are quite good...those wacky Eye-tail-yins sure can make some good coffee machines.
      Really good quality.........I checked out the Starbuck's new Verismo machines.
      Made in China and not good reviews.........plus the pods are twice as expensive.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

DON VITO ???
        ha

Comment

While we're sort of on the subject could somebody please explain to me what's so special about Starbucks? I've tried the place a few times, different drinks, thinner wallet & same disappointment each time, maybe I was expecting too much?
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

.9 liter ..
            all that for .9 liter?

how is the staphed milk for taking too long.

silliness.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              While we're sort of on the subject could somebody please explain to me what's so special about Starbucks? I've tried the place a few times, different drinks, thinner wallet & same disappointment each time, maybe I was expecting too much?
              I do Starbucks.....not the foo foo drinks........just coffee.

I like it because it tastes like coffee and not hot water.........but you're correct.........those other
              drinks will empty your wallet.
              Thom

Comment

I use this little guy to make four small expresos or capuchinos. Grind your own beans and off you go. Fun to watch too.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

so does it use the Keurig style cups ? ( k-cups)
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                    No.......that's the thing with most all these machines.
                    You have to purchase their pods.

The Nespresso pods were half the price of the Starbucks.

Still like going to Whole Foods and purchasing the whole beans.
                    Thom

Comment

While we're sort of on the subject could somebody please explain to me what's so special about Starbucks?
                      Around here we call em "Fivebucks"
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                        If you are talking about the little Bialetti, the answer is no, you either buy pre-ground coffee from where ever you like, or grind your own beans. That's one of the reasons I like it, the other being the coffee it puts out. $75 on sale.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                          Around here we call em "Fivebucks"
                          I'll have to remember that one
                          Thom

Comment

I hate Starbucks! unless you load it up with fat and sugar it is so bitter tasting. They over roast the beans to make people think it is stronger but I believe there is only so much caffiene in a coffee bean...

I think the homemade espresso is the way to go, also try a coffee press sometime.
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                              I hate Starbucks! unless you load it up with fat and sugar it is so bitter tasting. They over roast the beans to make people think it is stronger but I believe there is only so much caffiene in a coffee bean...

I think the homemade espresso is the way to go, also try a coffee press sometime.
                              French press is a good cup of coffee as well. We'll use that if we just want a couple of cups.
                              Thom

Comment

Working...
                              X