Million Dollar Boo-Boo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million Dollar Boo-Boo

Look at this thing flex....man, that had to make a hellofa sound.

darn, never mind I guess. I cant link up the video...Some guys dropped a brand new locomotive on a loading dock from about 20 feet....wish I coulda linked up the video...
    Last edited by JOES66FURY; November 19, 2012, 12:44 PM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

And there it is....Hero!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

It's obvious the locomotive is all jacked up. I wonder how much damage it caused to the loading dock?

Yeowtch!

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Ummm day late, dollar short...
          Already been posted... But always nice to see somebody F' up more than I

Was 5 pages back.
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; November 19, 2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I only visit when I am at work and I was off for two weeks...no shame in getting tree'd just shows we all have similar taste in disaster videos...

Comment

I'd like to see the carfax on that one, LOL.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I will never tire of watching that video. The way the whole thing heaves and buckles is amazing. Think it weight what? 200,000 lbs?
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Closer to 200 tons!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Closer to 200 tons!
                    Ding.. Winner!

Ever watch that show (mythbusters?) where a loaded log truck is hit at 30 mph by a locomotive? Those logs were toothpicks after impact and the cab of the truck was a matchbox toy!

Comment

I'm far from a mechanical engineer or anything (or a train engineer), but I've watched that video twice and I'd be willing to estimate that impact caused some damage to the structural integrity of that locomotive. It may buff out, though. We'd have to remove some of the side panels to see what the guts are looking like.
                      Last edited by pdub; November 19, 2012, 03:58 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

i enjoyed watching it buckle, big pile of scrap metal now
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Odd...I didn't hear a very quiet "oh, f*ck me" in the background...
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                          X