It's Not That Cold Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not That Cold Yet

Not here, anyway. Doesn't seem like December at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dogpee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	879433
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

its just gonna snap another cold spell.

the last big sun cycle in the late 80s, had a -36F in lagrange maine in january, and a 90F on april 1st..

ouch.
    this year seems worse in some ways. hard telling what will history be.
    as for cars...the hybrid coolants, silica based tires, big brakes... alot will be taken for granted.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It was 59 this afternoon here.... now its 38.......
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Cold is cool for me,... It's this flippin rain that has me soaked...
        Slightly over a week and my big wheel barrow is running over..
        3 days to fill a tub half as big as the wheelbarrow and that s with a small hole in it...
        UNCLE!

Comment

[QUOTE=peewee;704961]Not here, anyway. Doesn't seem like December at all.

Come on up and see me, it feels like it here. Doesn't look like it, but that'll ptobably change.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

It has been nice for December, it's a little chilly today but I can't really complain so far.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Paper said last year by this time we had 10" of snow already -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Today I put up the Christmas lights on the house and it was 80 degrees here on the west coast of Florida.

I really was thinking of not doing it until my wife reminded me that we have six grandchildren who really enjoying seeing the Christmas lights every year.

It's strange but here in Florida people who really get into the Christmas spirit much more and most put up the lights.

When I am in Dallas which is a few times a year they really go crazy at Christmas time and some of the homes are professional done with music and the complete works.

I know someone in Dallas who has been installing commercial Christmas lights for years and he told me that some of the homes in the Highland Park area of Dallas spend over a $100,000 dollars a year doing it!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

Comment

You guys need to stop tempting Murphy. Please. I have no burning desire to shovel snow, not even with the skidsteer.

I can be perfectly content if it never has to be started at 5* with my shivering behind out in the blowing snow in the dark, trying to keep the drive cleared.

Seriously, stop! Not funny! You don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
                  Last edited by STINEY; December 5, 2012, 06:57 AM.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    You guys need to stop tempting Murphy. Please. I have no burning desire to shovel snow, not even with the skidsteer.

I can be perfectly content if it never has to be started at 5* with my shivering behind out in the blowing snow in the dark, trying to keep the drive cleared.

Seriously, stop! Not funny! You don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
                    Let it snow.. Let it snow..
                    I'm dreaming of a whiiiiite christmaaaas just like I used to knooooow!
                    C'mon EVERYBODY SING! (clap clap clap)

How's that Stiney?...

Comment

Aaagggghhhh!!!!!
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

It's mild here, but it's still depressing- the roads are full of soggy leaves and salt, so now more fun in the toys for five months.
                          1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                          1997 Mustang GT
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X