A Subaru with grip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Subaru with grip.

Decided to help this guy out. He had been standing there for a long time, so I thought I'd have a go. 2.0 115 hp and automatic transmission.Skip to 1:15

A guy i know,posted this vid the other day.

Comment

blah.

that is not even a mechanical 4x4.
      my dad asked me tug at his once, I have the low range lock up version sube.
      he was stuck in the ice in the driveway. could rock it back and forth, but that 17,000 pounds would not come out of the little holes.

I said no...it would have broken the car in half....because its a subaru actually gripping.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I was amazed back in 85 when I managed to tow a rather large truck on glare ice with a 4cyl s-15 4X4 5-speed... I learned a couple of important lessons that day... gearing and taking it easy will move mountains... stopping must be a major consideration(power brakes are useless when the towed vehicle doesn't run)... glare ice is a bitch... towed that truck 2 miles on glare ice and had 3 near accidents...
        never again!!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

dont let Dave Nutting see this
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            I was amazed back in 85 when I managed to tow a rather large truck on glare ice with a 4cyl s-15 4X4 5-speed... I learned a couple of important lessons that day... gearing and taking it easy will move mountains... stopping must be a major consideration(power brakes are useless when the towed vehicle doesn't run)... glare ice is a bitch... towed that truck 2 miles on glare ice and had 3 near accidents...
            never again!!
            I try to NEVER tow anything anymore.. Got a car trailer.. Comealonging anything onto it is better that chain towing on a perfect day!

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              dont let Dave Nutting see this
              Don't worry, I like my clutch a little too much to be trying this.
              I take photos.

Comment

Working...
              X