Winter fun with the Torino.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter fun with the Torino.

so, I've been buried with work, not had any time to really be on the BS forum much as of late. Powertour is out this year as well...so I needed something fun to do other than hop in the plow truck and do a driveway.

Enter, the GTS.

Enjoy: {click on pic to play video}
    Last edited by Eliteman76; February 21, 2013, 06:41 PM.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Reminds me of what I used to do in my '77 Accord hatchback every night on the way home from work. I would drive through the back lot of Papio HS (Now Papio North, I think.) and do brodies across the entire lot. Crank the wheel and pull the hand brake and count the 360's. My record was 15 on one run.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Good Stuff!
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

"butt-hurt chevy owners" ..... i love it! A little snow never hurt anything.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Great vid,and thats from a Chevy guy.A 72 GTS havent looked as good in years,and im fully aware of fast and the furious and even Clint Eastwoods movie

Comment

I couldnt help but smile and laugh watching this....I miss the white stuff, used to do that in my old Suburban and my old Ford LTD wagon...its a hoot spinning them long cars around in tight circles....thanks for sharing....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

applause people applause!

Well done - I need to go do something like that - I would imagine my F350 crew long would do some hellacious donuts given enough entry speed.
              Last edited by milner351; February 22, 2013, 11:02 AM.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That vid's a ten for content and intent! I'm jealous.

If and when we rarely ever get sky crap down here in Redneckdom it usually starts as rain, then freezing rain then sleet and then some wet snow and the reverse that process on the way out. Makes such a godawful mess even the cops can't get out in it.

The fluffy stuff ....wow, that looks like great fun to play in!

And butt-hurt Chevy owners.....HAHahaHhaahH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I probably would have run over my own camera.

Your Torino is he coolest.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Great Video... was told during HRPT 2011 by a Carolinian who shall remain unnamed "it is not possible to drive on snow and ice" as a brother of the great plains, I appreciated the wave through the open window as well... so, party on brother!! BTW PeeWee, this same procedure works with chevys and pontiacs as well... AMeanXtreme refers to it as SnoDrifting!!LOL
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; February 22, 2013, 06:07 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I highly approve Andrew! I liked the Aussie-style arm wave too.......
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

having some fun with the miserable stuff.
                        I have done that until sick of it.

working into the 70s and then sliding was inevitable...

not until the sube did I realize what all four spinning is. it is actually kinda crazy.
                        the 2wd makes more sense sometimes.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 22, 2013, 06:32 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You're welcome guys.

Best part was, I got back to the house...pulled the GTS in, closed the garage door, went upstairs, and I missed the plow truck by oh, 3 minutes.
                          Best day, ever.

Not I need to get her cleaned up for world of wheels...Mid March in Omaha. I hate car shows, but got a call to join in a Ford display.
                          Andrew
                          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                          X