Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Subscribe" to a thread. Does everyone do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Subscribe" to a thread. Does everyone do it?

Maybe it's a silly question...........It makes it easier to pick up where you left off on subjects you like, making it more likely that members won't lose interest. Also, does everyone clic the little blue circle with the little white symbols in it to get to 1st new post?
    STUGOTS

Huh? It is new posts to me.. Blue circle is usually stuff I haven't read. Without the circle is stuff already read. Green is stuff I opened my mouth on.

I use an Pad, or iPhone (tiny!)

I do need to straighten my photo bucket account (or something) so I can bore y'all with smashed cars..
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; March 12, 2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I'm with Bob. I honestly didn't even know what you meant by the blue circle/symbols thing, had to go look to see what you meant.

Yep, click "New Posts" daily and browse the list.

Groucho, do you mean you go into each individual forum and look a the Blue thingy at that point?

I don't even look at individual forums, just new posts and they show all forums at once. Saves time for me.
      Last edited by STINEY; March 12, 2013, 10:02 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I dont. I dont want more emails. I just click on the little blue icon to the left of the thread title and it takes me right to the first unread post in the thread.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I always subscribe to threads but I must admit I never have used the blue dot feature. Never even noticed it...I like it. Thanks Groucho!
          Time Wasters...
          http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            I'm with Bob. I honestly didn't even know what you meant by the blue circle/symbols thing, had to go look to see what you meant.

Yep, click "New Posts" daily and browse the list.

Groucho, do you mean you go into each individual forum and look a the Blue thingy at that point?

I don't even look at individual forums, just new posts and they show all forums at once. Saves time for me.
            Most every forum has a different icon. On BS, if you go to "subscribed" threads it shows all the threads you have subscribed or attached yourself to for future viewing. On BS, a small blue circle appears ONLY to the threads that have had activity since your last visit to them. Clicking on that blue dot (with 2 small inverted white pyramids) brings you to the first new post since your last visit. BUT IT DON'T always work in case you "moderators" are reading this. Sometimes clicking it drops you anywhere random on that thread. But it's purpose is to bring you to the 1st new post (works most of the time)
            Last edited by groucho; March 12, 2013, 10:38 AM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

Thanks for this... Never knew that.. Thought it was new posts.. Till Scott said to click to get to unread posts!
              Never too old to learn something new..

Comment

It brings you to new posts, but it takes a little while to "update" itself so it knows what posts you haven't seen. If you go back to what you've seen already, then it means you need to take a longer break from the computer.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

It makes navigating easier, which may inspire more activity/posts/responses/threads
                  STUGOTS

Comment

I've never subscribed to a thread, not even sure what it does. I just go to each forum and read whatever threads look interesting that day.

Comment

Subscribed to a few, but did not see the benefit.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                        Most every forum has a different icon. On BS, if you go to "subscribed" threads it shows all the threads you have subscribed or attached yourself to for future viewing. On BS, a small blue circle appears ONLY to the threads that have had activity since your last visit to them. Clicking on that blue dot (with 2 small inverted white pyramids) brings you to the first new post since your last visit. BUT IT DON'T always work in case you "moderators" are reading this. Sometimes clicking it drops you anywhere random on that thread. But it's purpose is to bring you to the 1st new post (works most of the time)
                        That explains a lot to me.

I've often wondered why some responses seem to ignore the content of the last 10 posts in that thread. I don't expect everyone to march in line, but its as if they honestly never saw the other posts.

Try this if you would - - at the bottom of the big red banner at the top of every page there are some words. The very left one is "New Posts" for the ENTIRE forum, not just that board or thread.

Its not an overwhelming number of results, but you might see more content that may interest you. And it skips several steps in the process.

Just a suggestion.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Cool Tips! Thanks.
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Nope. I get enough stuff in my mailbox already.
                            I visit BS a number of times a day anyway so I usually see topics I've posted in come along fairly quick.

There are a few annoying things on this board, and one of them is the topics don't get updated realtime anymore when hitting the NewTopics-button.
                            The other thing is the ' apostrof-bug. When used in a reply, sometimes the reply gets truncated right from the apostrof. Caused me a lot of grief when it was installed some time ago.
                            You can see the bug in 'action' pretty much everyday when topictitles are cut off aswell. Especially when Brian posts a portal-entry starting with "Bitchin".

The funny thing is, it doesn't seem to happen all the time.
                            This post of mine got through with the aprostofs all intact it seems.
                            Last edited by BigBlockMopar; March 13, 2013, 09:04 AM.
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

bump
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X