Awesome Vintage Racing Parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Vintage Racing Parts!

I don't know about everyone else but I religiously search for parts on the internet at least 2-3 times a day (I'm a car/parts junkie, we should start holding AA meetings - LOL!). I do it to find deals or rare pieces whether for personal or business use. Recently I came across a pretty neat piece that I haven't seen in all of my searching before.

Rare NOS Potvin Front Mount SBC Blower Intake Kit
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121115838585...84.m1438.l2649

A few years ago I stumbled across some really old but brand new JE Dome Forged Pistons for a .030 327 that I scored for $100! I plan to build an era correct 327 with some parts I have laying around (at least with what parts I can to appear that way).

What else have you guys stumbled across that struck you as cool or rare?
    Nick Smithberg
    www.smithbergracing.com

That's interesting...........I also scrounge around on the net for vintage parts of all kinds.

I want to build an old school 327 solid lifter motor and put it into a Tri 5.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

That's sort of what I'm doing with mine. Solid Lifter, High Compression, Moroso Valve covers, most likely a tunnel ram. Trying to talk my friend out of some #186 heads. I picked up a 1965 327 (Engine Code shows out of a Vette) dirt cheap almost 8 years ago. I thought it would be fun project that I could do fairly cheap.
      Nick Smithberg
      www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Yeah high compression......maybe dual quad.
        Corvette valve covers on mine..........buddy has an old Vette 327 sittin in the corner.
        I'm thinking that would be a good project to start with first months of retirement.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

it is fun to find impossible stuff, or unknown to exist.
          I never took on a restore until a Japanese tin can with a boxer.
          found the passenger side fenders are extinct.. browsing on ebay, one popped up for a dollar, American 16 gauge.
          twice as thick as factory.. and "extinct" before my eyes, brand new with some foreign brand name stamped.
          found the same for rear quarters, separate entity.. two of them matching pair.

Peugeot 505 turbo wheels 4x140, 15 inch. monsters.
          found 8 of them...yet another extinct.
          I got two under my bed right now.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X