Scott Kalitta reportedly killed in funnycar crash today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Kalitta reportedly killed in funnycar crash today

This is being reported from eye witnesses at the e-town race today. I hope that this is a mistake... does anyone have any other info??

Re: Scott Kalitta reportedly killed in funnycar crash today

The Nitromater and Kalitta sites are both down right now. Not good. No news on NHRA.com as of yet.

Comment

Comment

NHRA simply states that he was transported does any one else have infomation?

Comment

The newspaper story has Susan Wade's byline on it. I doubt she would go with less than total info.

Comment

ESPN confirms. AP confirms.

Comment

Just from the tone of the ESPN guy's voice when he said there'd been a crash, I could tell it was pretty bad - he sounded pretty shaken up. Real sorry to hear that. I saw something that said they'd had to cancel the rest of Saturday's schedule to repair the safety net because the poles had been destroyed.

Comment

The new RUMOR is that an ESPN cameraman may have also been killed or injured.unconfirmed. Hopefully untrue.

Comment

WOW....just WOW, man....

Ditto on the hopes of the untrue deal with the cameraman.

Thoughts and such with the Kalitta family.....sad news.

Comment

They just showed the crash footage on ESPN. It was horrific... going pretty much wide open off the end of the track. Today is a sad day for racing :-[

Comment

Wow thoughts and prayers with the Kalitta family.

Comment

x2

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                          The new RUMOR is that an ESPN cameraman may have also been killed or injured.unconfirmed. Hopefully untrue.

From looking at the video, I think he hit the crane they mount a camera on to get shots straight down the track, so if there was a guy manning that crane, or that camera, he probably caught some debris at the very least. The crane looked like it was parked just past the catch fence, maybe behind a wall or a guard rail.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

not cool....he is gone and our wishes are with his family

Comment

Another tragedy for the nitro ranks...I will not be one to say I knew Scott...but I had seen him at several national events over the years and he always was approachable and had a smile on his face..losing a guy like Scott is another blow the NHRA didn't need...my prayers and thoughts are with the whole Kalitta camp...they have many friends and I hope they can all draw close and remember all the good times...God Speed Scott...you touched many lives...RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X